VTTW Board Index
April 24, 2024, 01:27:24 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bajakian...sigh.  (Read 4081 times)
Creek Walker
« on: October 19, 2014, 03:22:38 EDT »

I've tried to avoid the "fire Bajakian" stuff but man oh man...
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 03:50:54 EDT »

Idk I'm seeing Worley doing a 5 step drop so often.  Not just on 3rd & long either.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 03:54:18 EDT »

He has done a terrible job this year. Period.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 03:58:35 EDT »

The D has shown vast improvement. The O has not. Some questionable decisions were made on offense last year, and those patterns seem to have continued. Butch has an opportunity to fix this. Hopefully he can.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 03:59:54 EDT »

My concern is that Butch has already demonstrated how stubborn he can be. If he doesn't succeed at Tennessee, that will likely be his downfall.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 04:13:53 EDT »

We'll see. It seems a staff change or two is in order, and Butch has plenty of incentive to succeed. He'll do what he thinks is best, and has my support.  That's not to say I don't remember being the sole member of the Gary Patterson fan club last time around. And yeah, he was #2 behind Petrino. 

<url> http://volstothewall.com/board/index.php?topic=26303.0</url>

« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 04:16:33 EDT by murfvol » Logged

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 04:20:50 EDT »

O line is so much more difficult than D line; no comparison when you're dealing with young players! Someone posted stats earlier this week that show UT O-line is out preforming for thier youth. It's what we got, folks.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 04:27:02 EDT »

O line is so much more difficult than D line; no comparison when you're dealing with young players! Someone posted stats earlier this week that show UT O-line is out preforming for thier youth. It's what we got, folks.

Yup.  Frankly, this is what I expected to happen.  Not happy about it but idk why anyone would be shocked at tonight's events.
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2014, 04:32:44 EDT »

Yup.  Frankly, this is what I expected to happen.  Not happy about it but idk why anyone would be shocked at tonight's events.

I expected the same spread on the score, but I didn't expect that young O line to seem to give up! Maybe it's the fact there are few back ups and the get tired. I dunno.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2014, 04:34:26 EDT »

I expected the same spread on the score, but I didn't expect that young O line to seem to give up! Maybe it's the fact there are few back ups and the get tired. I dunno.

Sad, I can't tell the difference in our OL trying and our OL giving up.   
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2014, 05:12:08 EDT »

Butch WILL NOT make staff changes.......He told the world he had the BEST STAFF IN AMERICA....if he fired one it would make him a liar. Won't happen.
Creek Walker
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2014, 05:21:00 EDT »

This wasn't a thread about the OL, though. This was a thread about Bajakian's playcalling. My thoughts on Bajakian have nothing to do with the OL -- though I have some obvious concerns there.

I'm just about over Bajakian as a playcaller, though. He's a minor league playcaller at the major league level, IMO.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2014, 05:24:31 EDT »

This wasn't a thread about the OL, though. This was a thread about Bajakian's playcalling. My thoughts on Bajakian have nothing to do with the OL -- though I have some obvious concerns there.

I'm just about over Bajakian as a playcaller, though. He's a minor league playcaller at the major league level, IMO.

He doesn't seem to grasp the idea of calling plays geared towards our strengths and avoiding things we don't do well.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2014, 08:32:25 EDT »

We are, unfortunately, about where I thought we would be. I expected us to struggle mightily on offense, and we are.  How much of that is Bajakian vs the O Line inexperience and Worley only being average to above average, IDK.

I guess my take is that I expected us to suck and we do, and exactly why that's so is less of a concern at the moment.  I just want to wait it out and see what happens.  

One thing is for sure...the young O Line will improve (goodness, how can they not?), and we will have a new QB next season.  And after a whole other season of experience (more positive than this year I hope), we can start to be pretty good on offense.  That's my $0.02 anyway.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 09:04:10 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: