VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 12:36:51 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So is Muschamp worse than Dooley?  (Read 1568 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2014, 09:09:37 EDT »

Dooley never....

Lost to an FCS team at home (see Georgia Southern last year)
Lost more than 7 games
Had nearly as much talent as UF had and still has
Lost to a team at the level of Missouri by that margin

On the other hand, Muschamp did

Go 11-1 one year.  Dools never sniffed that.
Lose to Kentucky

So here is what I think....looking at the whole of each's careers at UT and UF, respectively, Dooley overall was worse, but Muschamp has finished worse, by far.

At least in his last season Dooley was ALMOST (very frustratingly) beating good teams.  The cluster fizzle down in Gainesville is much worse than 2011.

Given expectations and where he found the program, Muschamp may well be the biggest bust of all time. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
RipleyVol12
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 06:31:37 EDT »

I think the stat was Muschamp is the only coach who's team has held another team to less than 144 yards and still lost. 0-2 compared 94-0 for the rest of the country.

GO VOLS!!!   
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 06:51:49 EDT »

You can make a pretty good argument for that. He inherited a TON of defensive talent and won some games with that. Dooley inherited less talent and more problems, and I have to think that if Muschamp walked into the same job he'd have done just as bad.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: