VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 12:26:46 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Worley is "pretty banged up"  (Read 8503 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2014, 10:28:47 EDT »

according to J Brice. Peterman and Dobbs taking first team reps. 

Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 10:34:49 EDT »

If Worley can't go Saturday and Butch insists against burning Dobbs' redshirt, can we just go ahead and forfeit?
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 02:14:04 EDT »

If Worley can't go Saturday and Butch insists against burning Dobbs' redshirt, can we just go ahead and forfeit?

I'd forfeit anyway.....Doesn't it go in the books as a 7-0 loss? Talk about a moral victory!! 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 03:32:29 EDT »

Save Worley for the games we've got a shot at. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 05:04:12 EDT »

I'd forfeit anyway.....Doesn't it go in the books as a 7-0 loss? Talk about a moral victory!! 

I think it's 1-0...even better, eh?   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 05:06:45 EDT »

Free the Peterman!  I think or hope we can limit bammer with our D, which is pretty good.  Thus it might not matter who the QB is so much.

In fact, last game was one of Worley's worst as a starter, period, dot.  I don't think it's going to matter as much, and Peterman and definitely Dobbs are better runners and might help us with their feet. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 03:30:40 EDT »

Free the Peterman!  I think or hope we can limit bammer with our D, which is pretty good.  Thus it might not matter who the QB is so much.

In fact, last game was one of Worley's worst as a starter, period, dot.  I don't think it's going to matter as much, and Peterman and definitely Dobbs are better runners and might help us with their feet. 

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 08:51:48 EDT »

Save Worley for the games we've got a shot at. 

Yes, this....  Put in Peterman and then back him up with the 4th stringer, assuming we have one!

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 09:22:06 EDT »

If Peterman does start, we will get a real good look at what he can do.  But at some point, be fair to the kid.  The Swamp on the road...uga on the road, and now starting (if he does) against bammer?  Tough draw, as they say.  Deal him something a bit better than the 7-2 please.   

Maybe Worley can start and then get spelled occasionally.  Having Peterman's run ability can't hurt too much, and I doubt he will underthrow long balls as much because...well, who does?!?!?

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2014, 09:48:40 EDT »

If there's any chance that Worley misses more than the Alabama game, you have to start Dobbs over Peterman. That's where the potential is-- the guy who will compete the next two years with Dormady and Jennings for the starting job. You only play Peterman if Worley is back right away.

JMO.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 06:37:29 EDT »

If there's any chance that Worley misses more than the Alabama game, you have to start Dobbs over Peterman. That's where the potential is-- the guy who will compete the next two years with Dormady and Jennings for the starting job. You only play Peterman if Worley is back right away.

JMO.

I don't think Dobbs looked that great last year.  Go ahead and give Peterman the shot, and keep Dobbs on ice.  If Peterman effs up again, send Dobbs in.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 06:50:40 EDT »

I don't think Dobbs looked that great last year.  Go ahead and give Peterman the shot, and keep Dobbs on ice.  If Peterman effs up again, send Dobbs in.

I've seen nothing that makes me think Peterman can lead a scoring drive before turning the ball over, much less win an SEC game of any kind. Dobbs is at least a threat with his legs. It's been suggested that the same is true for Peterman but we have never seen much evidence suggesting that this is the case: 14 career carries for 15 career yards. He's also had two fumbled handoffs (each credited to the RB), a fumble of his own, two more fumbles that UT managed to recover, and an interception-- five turnovers either partly or fully his and two more balls on the ground-- in less than two halves of football. That's equal to the number of passes he has completed, FWIW.

Dobbs was no world-beater last year and by all accounts has struggled with accuracy in practice this year, but he's clearly our best option after Worley IMO.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 07:03:27 EDT »

Peterman has the deer in the headlight look before the ball is snapped.....Not good! How UT got this bad at QB is criminal.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 07:09:59 EDT »

And he's not that good when he's not banged up. We have the worst QB corps in the SEC. Not acceptable. Plus we have the wrong type qb's for the offense Jones wants to learn. Why does he keep forcing the read option? Really, why?

volsboyinsodak
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014, 07:22:36 EDT »

And he's not that good when he's not banged up. We have the worst QB corps in the SEC. Not acceptable. Plus we have the wrong type qb's for the offense Jones wants to learn. Why does he keep forcing the read option? Really, why?

We run very little read option.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2014, 09:33:14 EDT »

How about we just put AJ/Pig/EvB/whomever back there and run some version of the Wildcat on every play?  Probably have more success doing that than with either Peterman or Dobbs at QB. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2014, 09:50:05 EDT »

I've seen nothing that makes me think Peterman can lead a scoring drive before turning the ball over, much less win an SEC game of any kind. Dobbs is at least a threat with his legs. It's been suggested that the same is true for Peterman but we have never seen much evidence suggesting that this is the case: 14 career carries for 15 career yards. He's also had two fumbled handoffs (each credited to the RB), a fumble of his own, two more fumbles that UT managed to recover, and an interception-- five turnovers either partly or fully his and two more balls on the ground-- in less than two halves of football. That's equal to the number of passes he has completed, FWIW.

Dobbs was no world-beater last year and by all accounts has struggled with accuracy in practice this year, but he's clearly our best option after Worley IMO.

And again, one cluster fizzle half in the Swamp on the road as a true frosh and 3 series between the hedges as a sophomore do not a large sample make.  I need more evidence before I sign off on whether Peterman is hopeless or even that Dobbs is better.  Dobbs had six full games last year, and although he wasn't terrible, he was very mediocre, could not seem to throw long and generally the offense had trouble moving the ball.

~24 quarters vs. 5 quarters...I want to see more of Peterman before I arbitrarily decide he's hopeless.

Yes, he has been a turnover machine, but I don't think the uga fumble was his fault, and almost all the other turnovers were against Florida.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2014, 09:51:53 EDT »

How about we just put AJ/Pig/EvB/whomever back there and run some version of the Wildcat on every play?  Probably have more success doing that than with either Peterman or Dobbs at QB. 

I see no reason we can't try some of that anyway, even if Worley starts.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2014, 09:55:21 EDT »

Another thing...Dobbs hasn't played all year and Peterman has.  Simply makes no sense to stick Dobbs in their cold.

If Worley is unable to go, then to me the best thing is let Peterman start and if he totally blows it put Dobbs in.  I would give Peterman at least the first quarter, maybe a bit more. 

That's just my $ 0.02.

And let me add...even Peyton would probably look awful behind this line.  Shuler might be better since he was a heck of a runner.   

Creek Walker
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2014, 11:43:30 EDT »

And again, one cluster fizzle half in the Swamp on the road as a true frosh and 3 series between the hedges as a sophomore do not a large sample make.  I need more evidence before I sign off on whether Peterman is hopeless or even that Dobbs is better.  Dobbs had six full games last year, and although he wasn't terrible, he was very mediocre, could not seem to throw long and generally the offense had trouble moving the ball.

~24 quarters vs. 5 quarters...I want to see more of Peterman before I arbitrarily decide he's hopeless.

Yes, he has been a turnover machine, but I don't think the uga fumble was his fault, and almost all the other turnovers were against Florida.

Just ask yourself one question: When Peterman fumbled at Ole Miss, were you surprised? Was anyone surprised? The entire football-watching western world knew that was coming.

When Peterman entered the game, I turned to my father and said, "I will bet you money RIGHT NOW that he fumbles or throws an interception on this series." It's just who he is.
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2014, 04:43:37 EDT »

I say just put pig in as qb and let him run,gives you one extra blocker and maybe he can throw a pass or two down field..Worley is terrible..he stares down the receivers and has given the game away in each loss even when the o-line rarely does it's job in protection..Peterman is worse..The only hope we have is our D plays lights out keeps it close and maybe puts a couple of bama turn overs into the end zone...
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2014, 08:18:10 EDT »

Just ask yourself one question: When Peterman fumbled at Ole Miss, were you surprised? Was anyone surprised? The entire football-watching western world knew that was coming.

When Peterman entered the game, I turned to my father and said, "I will bet you money RIGHT NOW that he fumbles or throws an interception on this series." It's just who he is.

Well you got me on that one, because I didn't even realize he fumbled.  I am just tired of all the "football geniuses" who see a player go a few downs and automatically decide he sucks for life.  It takes time to really tell.

If Peterman does play most of the first half against bammer, we will see how he does against what is likely the second best D we play after Ole Miss.  Like I said, he completed three consecutive passes on the first series against uga, which whistled over the head of many observers. 

But not everyone is as astute as me, so....

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2014, 10:11:21 EDT »

I concur with Clock on Dobbs. IF Worley will be out multiple games, give Dobbs the reins. We need to win some of our final games.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Model 12
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2014, 12:13:17 EDT »

Wow, I didnt know Peterman fumbled...we left the game when Worley got hurt because as I told the wife... "Iam not to sit here and watch him fumble the damn ball."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: