VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 06:42:54 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Go to UT's 247 Sports site and read Rucker's and TR's article...  (Read 2524 times)
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2014, 06:41:57 EDT »

Funny stuff! Travis has written for Tide sites since '96 or so. Actually first read him when his brother was being recruited by Bama in that same year. Always a good read. The article is "Better Know Your Foe." It's on the Checkerboad forum. I'm fairly sure you dont have to be a subscriber in order to read it.

BG

« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 07:06:44 EDT by BGHarper » Logged
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 07:28:23 EDT »

Funny stuff! Travis has written for Tide sites since '96 or so. Actually first read him when his brother was being recruited by Bama in that same year. Always a good read. The article is "Better Know Your Foe." It's on the Checkerboad forum. I'm fairly sure you dont have to be a subscriber in order to read it.

BG

I pretty much can't read anything written by Wes Rucker. I've seen a couple of these "Better Know Your Foe" interviews and they are brutally, brutally awful. Rucker finds himself hilarious.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 09:38:51 EDT »

I pretty much can't read anything written by Wes Rucker. I've seen a couple of these "Better Know Your Foe" interviews and they are brutally, brutally awful. Rucker finds himself hilarious.

TR is worth the read. Other Vols say this is the best of that weekly segment.

BG
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 09:40:14 EDT »

Same here.  He's awful.
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 11:44:52 EDT »

Same here.  He's awful.

Third.
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 06:24:18 EDT »

I recommended the article because of TR, who is an excellent writer with a great sense of humor to boot.

I'd only read one story from Rucker before and that was after the OU-UT game. He did come on our board at BamaOnline yesterday, and I've now mentioned to him in a post that it's perhaps best for him to omit the term "stomped" from his vocabulary. If you read his article after the OU game (even I can't believe he wrote that) then ya know what I mean...;)

BG
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 07:09:08 EDT by BGHarper » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: