VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 03:14:31 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Was watching the media days for SEC basketball. They had us 13 out of the 14  (Read 2291 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2014, 10:54:02 EDT »

teams. Don't tell me the Vols are gonna be that weak. I am sick of us sucking in sports for quite a while. Hell, the Lady Vols don't even compete for championships any more. Why have we had this trend of being down in everything for past few years? Any thoughts as to why we have become mediocre and not even relevant in most sports? Seems like we were really good in everything during mid 90's-mid 2000's. Where and why did it all slip away. I know. It's going to get better.

volsboyinsodak
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 11:09:37 EDT »

Two people are the cause.  Mike Hamilton and Jimmy Cheek.
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 11:41:53 EDT »

No reason to expect a competitive team from UT this year. Whatever we have, it'll be because Donnie Knoxville did a masterful job of assembling a team in the offseason. I don't know whether he can coach, but getting a group of guys with NCAA eligibility together the way he did was nothing short of outstanding.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 11:57:04 EDT »

Two people are the cause.  Mike Hamilton and Jimmy Cheek.

^Hammer meets nail.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 03:41:24 EDT »

I don't think anybody - and that includes the coaches, players, media, and fans - have a clue yet as to what kind of team UT will have.  They are all newcomers.  

I don't think we are 13th, but I don't think we are 3rd or 4th, either.  My best guess is that we'll finish somewhere in the middle third of the SEC.  
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 05:27:58 EDT by HerbTarlekVol » Logged

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 04:18:42 EDT »

I am pretty sure that the team would have been much worse this year with the Guys Cuonzo would have coming in, and returning

CDT has some better offensive players. I agree with Herb - middle of the pack. SEC basketball isn't that great
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: