VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 10:33:26 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BTW, I'm sick of being lectured for something that hasn't happened yet...  (Read 3231 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2014, 04:31:49 EDT »

...and probably won't happen at all.

It's been the overriding theme regarding this game in the national media: "You Vols fans had better behave yourselves and not pick on poor widdle Lane".  Case in point:

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/91607/tennessee-should-move-on-from-kiffin-drama

That article was written by a bammer beat guy.  As if we give a shizzle how he thinks we should behave.  I've seen a half dozen similar articles this week, and they were even ranting about it on Mike and Mike this morning.  So I'm gonna rant right back, bullet point style:

1. If you aren't a Vol, you don't get to have an opinion on this matter.  STFU.

2. Show me one, JUST ONE, instance where someone is seriously planning to do physical harm to Lane Kiffin tomorrow.  I'll even accept anonymous message board posts.   Just because Lane's Mommy is afraid for his life doesn't mean something is going to happen.  Remember, this woman is the matriarch of a family that has proven over the years to have, shall we say, a murky relationship with the truth.  Here's what WILL happen: Lane will get booed.  He'll get heckled.  It will be loud, obnoxious, and profane enough to make Daniel Tosh blush.  And that's it.  It's better than Lane deserves, but that's it.  When you pull the shizzle he did, and then return to the scene of the crime with our biggest rival, it should be expected.  And if he can't handle that, then he needs to look into changing professions. 

3.  LANE KIFFIN IS NOT THE fizzleING VICTIM HERE.  He's not at all innocent in this matter.  So please, stop acting like we're going stone Santa Claus to death.

4.  Of the two fanbases represented in Neyland Stadium tomorrow, only one has a recent documented history of destroying rivals' sacred landmarks, vandalizing their rivals' campuses, sexually assaulting rival fans in public, sucker punching their rivals' NFL alumni in bars, and physically attacking opposing fans in the stands.  And it aint the ones wearing orange.  So why the hell are WE the ones being patronized here?

5.  National media outlets have spent this entire week excoriating an entire fanbase for something that hasn't even happened.  So when the game comes and goes, and STILL nothing has happened, can we expect them all to apologize publicly?  I won't hold my fizzleing breath.

6.  See #1.

GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 05:02:13 EDT »

GREAT POST!!!!!!  HOF!!!!

G          
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 08:12:34 EDT »

You could have gone on much longer on 4.  Was the media "excoriating" us?  I sure didn't notice if they were. 

Lane deserves all the flak (verbal!  ) that he gets.  Period, dot.  I could give a shizzle what anyone else thinks about it.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 01:35:11 EDT »

Yep, it's stupid.  Nothing's going to happen to poor Lane.
VOLveeta
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 04:11:30 EDT »

ESPN: Alex, write an article that will rile Vol fans and get as many hits as possible. It doesn't need to really illustrate truth or anything, just pretend like they still really care about the Kiffin nonsense.

Alex: But they seem to be over it, Butch Jones is a recruting BEAST!

ESPN: Screw that, make it up and post it right before gameday.
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 06:36:34 EDT »

I wish they could have the whole student section mobile behind lame (if she's on the sideline) they could rag th!e shizzle out of her the whole game! All kind nice names they could call her!
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 06:40:43 EDT »

Yep.  I'm over being told what I see isn't really what I am seeing, and I am fed up with the political correctness that has filtered in to sports from those who believe they have the right to tell me what to think or say. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 06:46:17 EDT »

ESPN: Alex, write an article that will rile Vol fans and get as many hits as possible. It doesn't need to really illustrate truth or anything, just pretend like they still really care about the Kiffin nonsense.

Alex: But they seem to be over it, Butch Jones is a recruting BEAST!

ESPN: Screw that, make it up and post it right before gameday.

I didn't read it. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Be-the-Vol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2014, 11:10:22 EDT »

To be fair, on Mike and Mike, all three guys (Chris Carter) said they didn't think anything would happened (they were just commenting on kiffin mother's concerns).  Mike Golic said that he believed that the fans should and would give kiffin grief.  He also said that he loved the game-day atmosphere in Knoxville.  None of the three had any negative comments about the Vol fan base.
Creek Walker
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2014, 12:24:22 EDT »

You couldn't see me, but I stood up and fist-pumped your post.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: