VTTW Board Index
April 25, 2024, 07:39:28 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad news,Bama won,good news,we have a qb that gives us  (Read 5530 times)
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2014, 05:14:39 EDT »

a chance to win out and make a much needed bowl game in a rebuilding season..Dobbs played great and will hopefully get better..Proud of the effort of this team,they could have folded down 27 but made a game of it..IMO, we will all look back at this season when UT is playing for an SEC title in a couple of years after having put the smack down on bama and after Lame has them on probation and Satan in firing him and we will all be laughing..Go Vols! 
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 05:17:49 EDT »

Karma is a real Kiffin 
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 07:44:16 EDT »

With Dobbs we beat FL......and maybe UGA. He gives us the best chance to get 6 wins.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 01:59:40 EDT »

With Dobbs we beat FL......and maybe UGA. He gives us the best chance to get 6 wins.
maybe.
You, nor anyone else has a clue if we could have won with a different QB.  Dobbs is your flavor of the moment, nothing more, nothing less.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 07:27:49 EDT »

Yep, think back to Dobbs vs Mizzou last year, nobody was singing his praises then.  Kid had a good game yesterday in terms of spark, but he has to get more accurate with the arm to carry a team.

maybe.
You, nor anyone else has a clue if we could have won with a different QB.  Dobbs is your flavor of the moment, nothing more, nothing less.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 07:33:21 EDT »

Dobbs shows me hope, where I had none before.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 11:04:43 EDT »

Yep, think back to Dobbs vs Mizzou last year, nobody was singing his praises then.  Kid had a good game yesterday in terms of spark, but he has to get more accurate with the arm to carry a team.

Agreed

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 07:00:28 EDT »

Agreed

The motion carries.  But he looked better last night than at any point last season, by a considerable margin IMHO.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 07:41:38 EDT »

maybe.
You, nor anyone else has a clue if we could have won with a different QB.  Dobbs is your flavor of the moment, nothing more, nothing less.

And you know for sure we wouldn't have? I have an opinion which is just as good as yours whether you like it or not. I could give a rats a$$ if you agree with my opinion or not. Dobbs isn't perfect and will make mistakes...I saw the QB for the #1 team in the land make mistakes against KY too. Dobbs is made for the offense UT is trying to run and is the best option on campus right now to run it and can overcome things that Worley doesn't have the ability to do.

BTW: I could care less about your opinion too, nothing more, nothing less.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 07:49:03 EDT by Tnphil » Logged
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 07:47:32 EDT »

The motion carries.  But he looked better last night than at any point last season, by a considerable margin IMHO.

A extra year in the program can might a big difference. Dobbs played the last 2 games with a hurt hand last year but he was the only option we had left.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2014, 06:43:01 EDT »

A extra year in the program can might a big difference. Dobbs played the last 2 games with a hurt hand last year but he was the only option we had left.

I didn't hear his hand was hurt.  Thought that was Peterman.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2014, 04:02:02 EDT »

I didn't hear his hand was hurt.  Thought that was Peterman.   

No, Peterman had a leg injury. Dobbs hurt his hand against Mizzou and aggravated it again against KY. It was kept real quite because he was all we had.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2014, 06:30:16 EDT »

No, Peterman had a leg injury. Dobbs hurt his hand against Mizzou and aggravated it again against KY. It was kept real quite because he was all we had.

It was Ferguson who had a leg injury.  It may be that Dobbs hurt his hand, and Peterman was just not allowed to play.  Worley DID hurt his hand.  I'm still not sure Dobbs was ever injured.  Maybe the other board experts can weigh in.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2014, 01:07:35 EDT »

It was Ferguson who had a leg injury.  It may be that Dobbs hurt his hand, and Peterman was just not allowed to play.  Worley DID hurt his hand.  I'm still not sure Dobbs was ever injured.  Maybe the other board experts can weigh in.
worley and Peterman both broke their thumbs
Ferguson had a stress fracture in the leg
Dobbs may or may not have had a significant injury but the real issue was poor execution and decision making, which he apparently continued into the spring (except for the O&W game) and into the fall
Various reports recently indicated improvement and perhaps the "light" had come on

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2014, 04:57:34 EDT »

Correct....it was Fergie that had the leg injury and Peterman the thumb. We've had so many QB issues I got them mixed up. I did hear Butch in a presser after the Vandy game say what people didn't know Dobbs played the last 2 games with a hurt hand/wrist.
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2014, 07:58:03 EDT »

Dobbs came off the bench last year in the Alabama game and looked like a world beater. His performance in each game after that was not good. It will take alot more than one game with Dobbs to convince me hes giving TN a chance to win and get to a bowl game.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2014, 08:39:37 EDT »

Correct....it was Fergie that had the leg injury and Peterman the thumb. We've had so many QB issues I got them mixed up. I did hear Butch in a presser after the Vandy game say what people didn't know Dobbs played the last 2 games with a hurt hand/wrist.

Well oddly that's good news...it means the dobbs we saw sat is less of a mirage than we may think.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: