VTTW Board Index
April 16, 2024, 02:06:52 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I don't know how serious Worley's injury is, but  (Read 2270 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2014, 03:51:34 EDT »

If he continues to back up Dobbs even after getting healthy, it's a great situation.  If Dobbs then struggles, Worley can come off the bench for a series or two if it seems necessary.  Worley won't be around next year, so there is no future QB controversy.  Whatever it takes to win these last four games...

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 09:40:09 EDT »

I'm hearing pretty strongly that Worley is done. 

Looks like Peterman is going to be the backup. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 03:29:02 EDT »

Wow, had no idea that Ole Miss might've been the last we saw of Worley.   
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 03:47:12 EDT »

Hate it for him if he's done. Kid took a beating and kept getting back up. His non ability to avoid pressure and a bad OL was a bad combo.
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 06:35:31 EDT »

Hate it for him if he's done. Kid took a beating and kept getting back up. His non ability to avoid pressure and a bad OL was a bad combo.

Yes,  that was the very worst combination but at the time he was the best QB they had. Phil, in my opinion, you guys were really only lacking an offensive line in order to be a good team that could legitimately compete in this league. While recruiting definately helped in the speed and quickness department, someone has definately been coaching them up because this team is so much tougher physically and mentally than year. Last season they just were not a very physical team and lacked overall speed.

The mental toughness part really now comes so much more into play. How can they overcome these consecutive losses, and can they put it behind them? It will be interesting to see how they overcome this, and coaching now comes to the forefront.

BG

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: