VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 11:21:29 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I truly hope Worley isn't done. He is the kind of kid you want playing for your  (Read 2304 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2014, 04:13:15 EDT »

team. I know he has some heart. I hope he can see more action before end of season. I just wish some of the 5 star players would play with as much passion.

volsboyinsodak
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 05:38:06 EDT »

team. I know he has some heart. I hope he can see more action before end of season. I just wish some of the 5 star players would play with as much passion.

I respect him as he really has taken a beating back there, and played well early on. Those hits on a QB mount up as the year progresses. In the Tide-UT game, I thought Dobb's legs really helped take away some of the disadvantages UT has on their offensive line.

BG
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 06:23:29 EDT »

If the last few games are an indicator of what we are going to get from Worley then we ride with Dobbs from here on out.

Sure Worley's got heart and I admire his toughness, but I want to win games.. and Worley regressed.
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 06:37:34 EDT »

Gotta agree with Vinnie. I'm extremely proud of the way Worley has handled himself this year. It would've been awfully easy for him to get down on his OL and he stood behind them through it all. It says a lot about his character. But we desperately need bowl eligibility. And if Dobbs is the best guy to get us there (I have my doubts), let's go with Dobbs.

Butch is saying they're trying to get Worley ready for Saturday. That may be just paying lip service to his senior, but he's also essentially said that Dobbs isn't consistent enough (which we already knew). If Worley starts Saturday, it's a good thing the game is in Columbia because I'm afraid we'd have a lot of boo birds out in Neyland Stadium when the starting lineup is announced.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 04:06:02 EDT »

So the latest is he might play...well he is from SC and played very well against them last year, so he will be motivated.

Either way, I think we have two options at QB now.  If I am Butch, I would not hesitate to put Dobbs if Worley struggles. 

Hopefully between the two, we can get something going.

For me the bottom line, no matter how he looked, or how many passes he missed or how inconsistent he was last year, is that the team moved the ball and scored with him in there Saturday.  Haven't been able to say that about Worley since the uga game...

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 04:32:52 EDT »

Worley showed heart and some signs of ability early in the season but the hits have taken their toll on him physically and mentally.Running for your life will do that with a young all new o-line that couldn't protect him very well.He regressed and wasn't the same the last 3 ball games as he was early in the season.He stared down receivers and made bad decisions hurrying to get rid of the ball and turning it over in key situations.
I like Dobbs and think he will only get better given more playing time.He gives a more mobile threat that Worley either couldn't or wouldn't give.It was a relief to finally see a UT qb take off and run it for a change against bama instead of just getting plowed under by pass rushers
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 04:34:46 EDT by crockettman » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: