VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 10:09:52 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shameis Winston strikes again..  (Read 2959 times)
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2014, 06:49:54 EST »

And why wasn't he ejected?? http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/jameis-winston-shoves-referee/
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 02:09:29 EST »

I can't believe that ref took it.  Should have been an unsportsmanlike and ejection.  Will be interested to see if the ACC takes any action. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 02:28:26 EST »

That was shocking to see.

Did u guys also see the FSU pass rusher hit the BC QB square in the face with the crown of his helmet after the ball was thrown.  I got called for targeting, but I don't know of a CFB team I've despised more than this FSU team in recent memory.  Go Gators!
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 03:19:21 EST »

That was shocking to see.

Did u guys also see the FSU pass rusher hit the BC QB square in the face with the crown of his helmet after the ball was thrown.  I got called for targeting, but I don't know of a CFB team I've despised more than this FSU team in recent memory.  Go Gators!

How does Florida State keep squeaking by week after week after week? They're so bad, and yet they just keep winning. If they sneak into the playoff and win the national championship, it'll be the biggest disgrace in the history of professional sports. I had nothing against FSU prior to now (in fact I kinda like them because a strong FSU is in our best interests), but this Winston saga is sickening. There's little doubt in my mind that FSU covered it up, and even amid all the public scrutiny they continue to push back his disciplinary hearing so that he can play ball, which is a slap in the face to the rest of the college football world.

I'm not sure I can echo your "go Gators" sentiment because if you believe some of the talk, there is going to be at least one, maybe more, SEC teams left without a bowl bid. I have a very hard time believing the Music City Bowl would pass up a 6-6 Tennessee team, but the SEC front office IS more involved with picking which teams go where starting this season, and I won't put anything past Mike Slive.
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 03:36:02 EST »

How does Florida State keep squeaking by week after week after week? They're so bad, and yet they just keep winning. If they sneak into the playoff and win the national championship, it'll be the biggest disgrace in the history of professional sports. I had nothing against FSU prior to now (in fact I kinda like them because a strong FSU is in our best interests), but this Winston saga is sickening. There's little doubt in my mind that FSU covered it up, and even amid all the public scrutiny they continue to push back his disciplinary hearing so that he can play ball, which is a slap in the face to the rest of the college football world.

I'm not sure I can echo your "go Gators" sentiment because if you believe some of the talk, there is going to be at least one, maybe more, SEC teams left without a bowl bid. I have a very hard time believing the Music City Bowl would pass up a 6-6 Tennessee team, but the SEC front office IS more involved with picking which teams go where starting this season, and I won't put anything past Mike Slive.
Yeah,wouldn't that just be a punt kick to the gonads..For UT to finally get 6 wins after all the struggles the last few years and still get screwed out of a bowl game and all of the much needed extra practice and experience this young team would benefit from it
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 03:39:54 EST »

Ugh.  On second thought...
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 03:51:37 EST »

Assuming we beat vandy, I don't think there's any way we get snubbed.  Bowl committees know that our fans are starved for ANY kind of postseason play.  Among our peers in the shallow end of the SEC bowl pool (UF, UK, SC, Arky) we offer the best combo of TV ratings and fans who will travel.

Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 05:18:39 EST »

Assuming we beat vandy, I don't think there's any way we get snubbed.  Bowl committees know that our fans are starved for ANY kind of postseason play.  Among our peers in the shallow end of the SEC bowl pool (UF, UK, SC, Arky) we offer the best combo of TV ratings and fans who will travel.

The reasonable side go me says grants my sentiment exactly. The unreasonable side just keeps going back to the fact that Slive's people are involved.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: