VTTW Board Index
April 25, 2024, 10:39:49 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Poor Mizzou has already lost the SECC game  (Read 11842 times)
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2014, 09:56:28 EST »

If the Tide plays as poorly most of the game as they have at times, the Tigers will win. Bama has been inconsistent this season, and Mizzou will be sky high for them. Very impressed with their coaching staff. Their defense has forced many turnovers this season, and Bama hasn't.  Anything can happen.

BG

I'm not sure there's a better coached team in the conference than Mizzou. Pinkel has done much more with much less than the rest of the East these last two years.

But I think Alabama rolls.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2014, 10:03:17 EST »

I'm not sure there's a better coached team in the conference than Mizzou. Pinkel has done much more with much less than the rest of the East these last two years.

Agree about Pinkel...what he has accomplished is amazing.

If he can figure out a way to shut down Cooper, bammer really doesn't have much else. Kiffin tends to over-rely on a star receiver.  He did the same thing at USC.   My Vol buddy who lives in LA says all the USC fans used to complain about that.  When the star receiver got shut down, so did USC. 

Arkansas figure it out, I don't know why no one else has.  I know that Kiffin has done a good job of moving Cooper around, but for chrisakes...put your best DB on him 1 on 1 play 3 safeties and have them zone double him.  Play a "3 deep" permanent nickel, essentially.  Just make sure those safeties can tackle RBs....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2014, 10:04:50 EST »

Completely agree on Pinkel. That man can coach.

BG
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2014, 10:32:35 EST »

If I was the Florida AD I'd sure as heck talk to Pinkel.
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2014, 10:38:17 EST »

If I was the Florida AD I'd sure as heck talk to Pinkel.

Maybe the age factor and his indiscretions a couple of years are coming into play. Excellent coach, though.

BG
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2014, 03:09:28 EST »

If the Tide plays as poorly most of the game as they have at times, the Tigers will win. Bama has been inconsistent this season, and Mizzou will be sky high for them. Very impressed with their coaching staff. Their defense has forced many turnovers this season, and Bama hasn't.  Anything can happen.

BG

As I post elsewhere kiffin is a one trick pony who over relies I'm on one star wr. If mizzou can figure a way to stop cooper like arkansas did they can keep it close. One thing is sure is that they are probably the second best d bammer has faced this year after Ole miss.

And we know how that one ended...

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: