VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 01:59:00 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No talk about big Vols win?  (Read 6374 times)
Creek Walker
« on: December 14, 2014, 11:22:32 EST »

Boy, our dysfunctional men's basketball program really has lulled us to sleep, hasn't it? 

I said a few weeks ago that the Tyndall NCAA scrutiny had robbed me of any interest in this season but I watched a couple of games on the tube and got lured in. Went to TBA today for the first time since the win over UVA last season and watched UT cell back from a 12-pt second half deficit to beat #15 Butler by 12. Great effort and great win. Tyndall is winning me over with the way his team plays. Love the hustle and tenacity. These guys are tenacious. If they had a true PG they could be very dangerous in the SEC.
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 11:27:43 EST »

Pirate posted while I was typing. That's what I get for trying to type a post on my phone with my thumbs while sitting on the john. 
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 12:28:00 EST »

I followed it on Score app. Didn't get it here. They really shut them down last 10 minutes. If Tyndall can shake the NCAA we may be in business!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 12:40:28 EST »

DT can coach......Pi$$ off NCAA.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 12:52:41 EST »

DT can coach......Pi$$ off NCAA.
I really, really wish he would be more into the game ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 12:59:29 EST »

Huge win.  Tyndall can flat out coach.  I just hope he can flat out defend himself against NCAA issue equally well, because they are coming to a basketball coach near us sooner rather than later. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 01:26:53 EST »

I love to watch him work the crowd, the officials and his team. I didn't think we'd find a coach as "into the game" as Bruce Pearl, but we did.
Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 04:05:09 EST »

Boy, our dysfunctional men's basketball program really has lulled us to sleep, hasn't it? 

I said a few weeks ago that the Tyndall NCAA scrutiny had robbed me of any interest in this season but I watched a couple of games on the tube and got lured in. Went to TBA today for the first time since the win over UVA last season and watched UT cell back from a 12-pt second half deficit to beat #15 Butler by 12. Great effort and great win. Tyndall is winning me over with the way his team plays. Love the hustle and tenacity. These guys are tenacious. If they had a true PG they could be very dangerous in the SEC.

I think we can be dangerous in the sec as is. Outside of UK and uf, what else is there?
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2014, 04:20:43 EST »

I love to watch him work the crowd, the officials and his team. I didn't think we'd find a coach as "into the game" as Bruce Pearl, but we did.
The look he gave Richardson at the 1:27 TO was a classic.  I think it's safe to say Donny Knoxville was not happy.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2014, 02:12:28 EST »

I was confident that Tyndall would do good work here, but with the roster he had to slap together I thought it would take a long time before we saw much improvement. I'm starting to think he's even better than I anticipated; he's got a bunch of guys who had never used his press, never played a matchup zone, never played his offense, and mostly never played together and less than 10 games in you can see tremendous improvement.

I really, really need this NCAA crap to blow over so we can keep Tyndall. He's going to be good for us.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2014, 03:06:54 EST »

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2014, 03:27:14 EST »

He can coach. I really like the type of defense we play. Richardson is a very complete player now.

Nothing will be done till likely after the season anyway. I'll just see what this team does and hope for the best.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2014, 04:26:28 EST »

Nothing will be done till likely after the season anyway. I'll just see what this team does and hope for the best.

It's been reported by several media outlets in Knoxville and Hattiesburg that the official letter of inquiry from the NCAA should be in the hands of both Southern Miss and UT officials sometime in early January.  While "nothing may be done" until after the season, the charges, if any, will certainly be hanging over Tyndall's head, just as they were over Pearl's. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2014, 04:44:22 EST »

It's been reported by several media outlets in Knoxville and Hattiesburg that the official letter of inquiry from the NCAA should be in the hands of both Southern Miss and UT officials sometime in early January.  While "nothing may be done" until after the season, the charges, if any, will certainly be hanging over Tyndall's head, just as they were over Pearl's. 

Hopefully Donnie will be wearing his teflon jumpsuit.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2014, 04:46:16 EST »

Hopefully Donnie will be wearing his teflon jumpsuit.

Yep. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Creek Walker
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2014, 05:08:58 EST »

If it's established that Tyndall was intricately involved in Southern Miss's transgressions -- and there's no reason to believe he wasn't -- I don't know how Tennessee can afford to keep him. If Southern Miss were the beginning and end of Tyndall's NCAA legal troubles, I would feel differently. But after running afoul of the NCAA at BOTH of his prior coaching stops, how can any championship he wins at Tennessee not have a cloud over it? This program will be walking on eggshells waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I hope it works out because, as has already been stated on this thread, the guy can flat-out coach.
RON
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2014, 01:02:49 EST »

Awesome win. Donnie Tyndall is the man. Will be angry if NCAA makes UT fire Tyndall. Especially with the crap Frank Haith did. Also with the stuff that went on at UNC. The NCAA picks and chooses their punishments.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2014, 05:56:33 EST »

Yeah, but no one will ever approach the intensity of Cuonzo Martin.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: