VTTW Board Index
April 26, 2024, 12:27:54 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Asst. coaches salaries this season  (Read 2348 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2014, 03:32:20 EST »

Muschamp will take over the top spot at 1.6 million from Bud Foster.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/football/assistant
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 06:37:09 EST »

Just wondering, why is it okay to reveal these guys salaries in the press. In a normal business it is not right to do. Just curious as to why fans believe they have a need or a right to know. Would we like our salaries revealed in the media. I was always taught that it is rude to ask someone what their income is. Just funny how we, me included, think we should have the right to know these guys income.

volsboyinsodak
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 06:57:19 EST »

Just wondering, why is it okay to reveal these guys salaries in the press. In a normal business it is not right to do. Just curious as to why fans believe they have a need or a right to know. Would we like our salaries revealed in the media. I was always taught that it is rude to ask someone what their income is. Just funny how we, me included, think we should have the right to know these guys income.

The salaries generally are considered to be public information due to the use of state/university funds.  I am not sure about other state employees, but I know some states make employee salary information available, and you can find federal employee salary information online.  The federal salary information is available due to the Freedom of Information Act.
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 06:58:54 EST »

The public has a right to know the salary of ANYONE who is a public employee and/or paid with tax dollars. And, as coaches at public universities, these guys qualify.

Salaries should never be a secret to those who hold their institutions accountable. In a corporation, the stockholders have a right to know. In a cooperative, the members have a right to know. And in a public institution, it is us -- the taxpayers -- who hold them accountable, and we have a right to know.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 05:58:26 EST »

Any federal employee's salary can be found online, with the exception of DoD and other agencies involved in national security. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: