VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 03:59:03 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Hendrix had to say....  (Read 3215 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2014, 12:38:28 EST »

"I just wasn't happy," Hendrix said Tuesday. "I was happy with my playing time, I just didn't like it here. Just my relationship with the coaches and how they talk to people. It just kept getting worse as the season went on."

Hendrix was a backup at defensive end behind another true freshman, Derek Barnett.

Asked about potential colleges he was considering, Hendrix said "I'm considering everyone right now. My options are wide open."

http://www.bnd.com/2014/12/16/3566476_former-ofallon-star-hendrix-will.html?sp=/99/205/209/&rh=1
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 12:48:02 EST »

I hope whomever took the quote had a fire extinguisher handy as the fire around Hendrix's pants must have been intense

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 06:26:24 EST »

He's the only person I've seen or heard of that had anything negative to say about the coaching staff. Sounds like he may be one of those that have had a silver spoon in his mouth his whole life.
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 06:29:14 EST »

The staff and Tennessee just won't be a fit for everyone.....wish him well.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 05:49:40 EST »

Hm, well he was talented but maybe he thought he would be buried on depth chart next year with all the new talent coming in.  He did seem to get plenty of PT though.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 04:35:02 EST »

He's the only person I've seen or heard of that had anything negative to say about the coaching staff. Sounds like he may be one of those that have had a silver spoon in his mouth his whole life.

Not everybody is a fan of Butch and his staff, SED.  There are some local high school coaches that aren't exactly smitten with them right now.  Of course, not every staff is going to be loved, but that's just part of being a college football coach.  Some are going to believe that you can do no wrong, and others are going to believe you are the devil. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 06:16:20 EST »

Not everybody is a fan of Butch and his staff, SED.  There are some local high school coaches that aren't exactly smitten with them right now.  Of course, not every staff is going to be loved, but that's just part of being a college football coach.  Some are going to believe that you can do no wrong, and others are going to believe you are the devil. 

Hope my alma mater is not one of them.

Speaking of which, that Rollins kid is John Rollins' son, right?

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
QB
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 06:20:32 EST »

Hope my alma mater is not one of them.

Speaking of which, that Rollins kid is John Rollins' son, right?

Yes, Brody Rollins is John's son.  John is an assistant coach at South-Doyle.   Brody has been offered by a couple of D1-AAs as a QB.  I've thought all along that he may end up playing DB in college, but in the right system I could see him at QB, too.  He's a terrific athlete and a great kid to boot. 

No issues with South-Doyle and UT coaches as far as I know, and with Clark Duncan as the head coach I would be surprised if there were. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: