VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 11:50:48 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quintin Dormady is attending the bowl practices...  (Read 3238 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2014, 02:21:46 EST »

...Is it just me, or does he look a lot like Eli Manning?

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 02:32:37 EST »

It's just you.  Don't see Eli at all.   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 05:08:56 EST »

I just hope he can see his receivers downfield and not throw it to the defense like Eli has done the past couple of years. Giants won the Superbowl twice in spite of Eli.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 05:19:51 EST »

So is this THE guy that's going to be an All-SEC QB for the Vols. Or will he sit until Dobbs graduates?

volsboyinsodak
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 05:30:37 EST »

So is this THE guy that's going to be an All-SEC QB for the Vols. Or will he sit until Dobbs graduates?

If one of the new QBs isn't "the guy" we're in trouble because Dobbs definitely hasn't shown that he has the complete skill set needed of a top level QB....he can run, but his skill set pretty much ends there as he struggles to complete 50% of his passes and that's with probably 35% of his passes being along or behind the LOS.  I'm glad we had him at the end of the year but after 2 years on campus I expected him to be a better passer. 
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 05:31:13 EST »

Hard to say. He'll have to beat out Dobbs and at least one other freshman, maybe 2. It's looking like there's a chance we sign 3 QBs this year.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 05:51:43 EST »

If one of the new QBs isn't "the guy" we're in trouble because Dobbs definitely hasn't shown that he has the complete skill set needed of a top level QB....he can run, but his skill set pretty much ends there as he struggles to complete 50% of his passes and that's with probably 35% of his passes being along or behind the LOS.  I'm glad we had him at the end of the year but after 2 years on campus I expected him to be a better passer. 

I haven't given up on Dobbs...he is still pretty inexperienced.  Hope he has a great bowl game. 

From what I have seen, the word from Butch is spot on...he is INCONSISTENT.  He looks great at times, awful at others.  It may just be a matter of developing consistency...

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 03:46:47 EST »

In all fairness to Dobbs, against Vandy he was without his top 4 receivers and the receivers we had on the field didn't get first team reps.  I don't claim he is the second coming of Peyton, but here are his stats:

Against Bama - 19 of 32 (59.4%) for 192 yards
Against South Carolina - 20 of 32 (62.5%) for 347 yards
Against Kentucky - 19 of 27 (70.4%) for 297 yards
Against Missouri - 24 of 37 (64.9%) for 195 yards
Against Vandy - 11 of 20 (55%) for 92 yards

Like I said, I don't consider him the second coming of Peyton, but our receiving corps take a huge hit this year due to health reasons.  Let's see what he can do when we have North, Malone, Pig, and Pearson along with Wolf so teams have to scheme to take our weapons away. 
RockyMtnVol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 04:56:29 EST »

He also had the mindset of "I'm gonna redshirt & I've got some tough engineering classes" until thrown into the driver's seat mid-season.  Couple that with playing behind a weak OL, and I'm willing to keep an open mind as to what he can do with a year of "I can be the starter" mindset.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: