VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 03:39:29 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We signed Kamara, ex Bama RB. What is the story with him? Will he contribute  (Read 7272 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2014, 06:12:53 EST »

right away?

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 06:14:39 EST »

hell yes

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 06:19:42 EST »

That's great to hear. I can't wait for the time again when we can tear it up running or passing. I hope UF and UGa do get better and all East teams can compete for the East title. That is when the SEC is killer. Plus with the West as good as it is, football could get fun again in Tennessee. SEC will be scary good for a long time.

volsboyinsodak
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 06:24:31 EST »

I do hear that Kamara left Bama under less than ideal circumstances. Didn't he realize they were loaded at RB from the get-go. But if his head is right, he will be a good addition to the Vols roster.

volsboyinsodak
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 08:37:39 EST »

I do hear that Kamara left Bama under less than ideal circumstances. Didn't he realize they were loaded at RB from the get-go. But if his head is right, he will be a good addition to the Vols roster.

He didn't realize Bama was loaded at RB?

In that case, Let's welcome him back from whatever planet he's been on for the past 5 years or so.   
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 08:58:22 EST »

the grades or got in trouble and had to go the JUCO route?       
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 11:41:58 EST »

hell yes

Double hell yes. Tremendous talent.  Hopefully he will take advantage of his SEC mulligan. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 12:00:10 EST »

He'd better.  Hurd hasn't proven to be very durable to this point, and the guys currently backing him up don't exactly fill me with confidence, especially with Scott transferring.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 12:50:07 EST »

Hurd ran into brick walls all season....he's lucky to make it 12 games. The kid is tough and if he had run behind a UGA, Bama type OL he would have been a 1,000 plus yard rusher.

I've seen several films on Kamara and he's the real deal. Some of his problems at Bama were they wanted to move him to defense.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 01:17:31 EST »

Hurd ran into brick walls all season....he's lucky to make it 12 games. The kid is tough and if he had run behind a UGA, Bama type OL he would have been a 1,000 plus yard rusher.

I've seen several films on Kamara and he's the real deal. Some of his problems at Bama were they wanted to move him to defense.

Hurd is tough, but he still is going to be iffy with that shoulder.  You don't have the kind of injury that he did and ever completely recover from it. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2014, 01:28:10 EST »

Hurd's shoulder has been a non issue so far.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2014, 02:16:47 EST »

Hurd's shoulder has been a non issue so far.

And if it stays that way he will be fortunate.  I hope he can, but the point is that the kind of injury he had has a high rate of return. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2014, 02:37:50 EST »

Uh, speaking of Jalen Hurd:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/vols/2014/12/17/vols-jalen-hurd-arrested-underage-drinking/20565299/?hootPostID=0854d0d2c08182fca1dcba9211e75e54

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Creek Walker
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2014, 03:56:10 EST »

I suppose the word "arrest" sounds a lot better to the Tennessean than "citation."
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2014, 04:01:21 EST »

I suppose the word "arrest" sounds a lot better to the Tennessean than "citation."
And the punishment to fit the deed has been administered

In other words, no "real" story, other than some writer attempting to make a name for himself mistaking sensationalism for writing ability

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2014, 05:17:34 EST »

I would think instant impact. Great complementary runner to Hurd.

BG
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2014, 05:38:19 EST »

I do not believe that is accurate, but if so I'm not aware of it. He was injured prior to his freshman season, and while he healed in short time he was still redshirted along with fellow freshman running back Tyren Jones. Of the then freshman backs, only Derrick Henry and Altee Tenpenny played and both were buried down the depth chart.

Kamara was once suspended for behavioral reasons, and another time for "undisclosed" reasons, but by all accounts is an extremely talented player. It was common knowledge he had expressed dissatisfaction to others with lack of playing time, and reportedly had a rocky relationship with running backs coach Burton Burns. If his attitude is positive, UT should have a very effective back and one who can especially attack the perimeter with both his running and pass catching skills.

BG

« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 01:57:19 EST by BGHarper » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2014, 05:37:47 EST »

Thats fantastic.  I hope we can also land an OL from UAB.  He can't possibly be worse than what we have.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2014, 07:36:44 EST »

Mike Farrell of Rivals must have been reading this thread.  Kamara bumped to a 5*

BG

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: