VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 11:01:08 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Frankly, I think UF made a great football hire, but...  (Read 6190 times)
Creek Walker
« on: January 19, 2015, 05:30:07 EST »

...obviously it didn't make much of a splash with recruits.

No. 96 in the Rivals.com team rankings?!? WTH? Obviously that WILL improve as NSD draws nearer, but even during our darkest hour with Kiffin's dead-of-the-night departure and Dooley's rapid hire, we didn't sink anywhere near that low.

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/teamrank/2015/all/all
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 05:35:04 EST »

No. 96 in the Rivals.com team rankings?!? WTH? Obviously that WILL improve as NSD draws nearer, but even during our darkest hour with Kiffin's dead-of-the-night departure and Dooley's rapid hire, we didn't sink anywhere near that low.

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/teamrank/2015/all/all

When he left, Muschamp was around 64, so they started in a deep hole to begin with.

I hope they go below 100 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 06:21:34 EST »

Most likely finish between 25-33. They do have some big fish visiting the next few weekends and had a pretty good weekend that just passed. Never count them out with all that talent within a full tank of gas away.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 06:32:56 EST »

Most likely finish between 25-33. They do have some big fish visiting the next few weekends and had a pretty good weekend that just passed. Never count them out with all that talent within a full tank of gas away.

Blah blah blah.  87th.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 02:07:31 EST »

Look again.  Since you posted this, they dropped to 98.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 02:10:05 EST »

BTW, how is it that we're just a couple weeks out from signing day, and some schools are sitting on just 2 or 3 commits?  How does that even happen?

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 10:47:40 EST »

BTW, how is it that we're just a couple weeks out from signing day, and some schools are sitting on just 2 or 3 commits?  How does that even happen?

Derek Dooley is their recruiting consultant? 
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 04:57:07 EST »

I don't care what the rankings are, we just need to start beating them regularly, which we haven't in 20 years.

volsboyinsodak
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 05:01:02 EST »

I don't care what the rankings are, we just need to start beating them regularly, which we haven't in 20 years.

^This

I don't care if they finish behind UConn and Georgia State in recruiting.....until we beat them more than 4 times in 20 years what does it matter.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2015, 05:05:54 EST »

^This

I don't care if they finish behind UConn and Georgia State in recruiting.....until we beat them more than 4 times in 20 years what does it matter.

Well some things have to change if that's going to happen, and having 85 spots between us in the recruiting rankings would be a good start.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2015, 06:02:34 EST »

All I'm saying is.....show me! We just went o'fer against a coach that got booted out the backdoor.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2015, 08:08:17 EST »

All I'm saying is.....show me! We just went o'fer against a coach that got booted out the backdoor.

well yeah, but look where our program was at the time...er, is.

Things are definitely getting better though.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2015, 01:20:04 EST »

All I'm saying is.....show me!

Pretty sure that's what Butch is working his tail off to try to do.  You don't go from the mess we were in to winning the east in one year.

If you're not incredibly impressed with the job Butch is doing, I don't know what to tell you.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2015, 03:24:11 EST »

Pretty sure that's what Butch is working his tail off to try to do.  You don't go from the mess we were in to winning the east in one year.

If you're not incredibly impressed with the job Butch is doing, I don't know what to tell you.

Where did I say anything about Butch? Was Butch coaching the last 20 years when they were beating us like a rented mule most years?. I've been a Vol fan for 61 years....I know exactly where the program has been and currently is.

When it comes to beating Florida and I don't care who's coaching us.....Show me!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 03:37:10 EST by Tnphil » Logged
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2015, 04:26:13 EST »

Where did I say anything about Butch? Was Butch coaching the last 20 years when they were beating us like a rented mule most years?. I've been a Vol fan for 61 years....I know exactly where the program has been and currently is.

When it comes to beating Florida and I don't care who's coaching us.....Show me!

Rest assured I'm just as starved for a win over UF.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: