VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 11:50:47 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheaters gonna cheat...  (Read 3775 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2015, 12:33:04 EST »

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/12193345/nfl-investigating-whether-new-england-patriots-deflated-footballs-indianapolis-colts

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 03:38:30 EST »

And apparently deflating footballs is only the tip of the iceberg...

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/19/new-england-patriots-deflategate-bill-belichick-tom-brady

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 04:54:36 EST »

Yep, That's why they deflated the ball, so Brady could hand it off 30 times for 148 yards and three touchdowns. Didn't matter in this game, but they are still cheaters.

volsboyinsodak
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 07:58:34 EST »

Yep, That's why they deflated the ball, so Brady could hand it off 30 times for 148 yards and three touchdowns. Didn't matter in this game, but they are still cheaters.

And that's what makes it so interesting.  Why do you have to cheat to get an advantage on a team you have beaten the last four times by an average of 4-5 TDs?  Some guys just can't help themselves, I guess.  Shadiest coach/organization in the NFL.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 12:32:14 EST »

Pats are the Bama's and the Auburn's of the NFL.
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 01:12:14 EST »

Sorry, but they need to hammer them for cheating again......there was no need to cheat, who do it?   They should be kept out of the super bowl...but that won't happen, of course.   They could have beaten the Colts without cheating -- it just makes no sense!   But they did it!   Geesh  Stoopid!!!!!

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 07:30:58 EST »

Pats are the Bama's and the Auburn's of the NFL.

Saban was given his start by Bellichick and is widely regarded as a "Bellichick disciple" so go figure.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 08:39:35 EST »

It's obviously too late to boot them out of the SB.  But I'd take their entire draft away and ban Belechick for next season.  And if it happens yet again, Belechick gets a lifetime ban and Kraft has to sell the team.  But none of that will happen, because as you can see in the second article I linked above, Kraft and Goodell are BFFs.   

Creek Walker
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 09:41:51 EST »

It's obviously too late to boot them out of the SB.  But I'd take their entire draft away and ban Belechick for next season.  And if it happens yet again, Belechick gets a lifetime ban and Kraft has to sell the team.  But none of that will happen, because as you can see in the second article I linked above, Kraft and Goodell are BFFs.   

Why is it too late? With all the bad rap the NFL has gotten over the past 18 months, why not delay the Super Bowl by a week and put the Colts in NE's place? Pretty rash move, but it would send a message the NFL is trying to clean up its act, something Goodell has given absolutely no indication he's interested in doing up to this point. (Obviously I know that isn't going to happen, and I certainly don't want to see the Colts in the SB anyway...I'm just saying.)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2015, 05:45:10 EST »

I'll put the NSFW label on this just to be safe. But it's definitely funny.

https://twitter.com/richarddeitsch/status/558249952846307328/photo/1
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: