VTTW Board Index
April 18, 2024, 07:47:55 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: John Kelly, RB/ATH, picks Vols  (Read 2387 times)
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2015, 10:37:01 EST »

Lose your OC, get an offensive commit 4.5 hours later.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 10:37:30 EST »

Darn. You just beat me. 
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 10:55:36 EST »

Oak Park (Mich.) High athlete John Kelly verbally committed to Tennessee on Thursday during an announcement at his school

Kelly chose the SEC program over his other finalists Michigan, Michigan State and Minnesota.

Ranked by 247Sports as the nation’s No. 38 athlete recruit and No. 5 prospect overall in the state of Michigan, the 5-foot-10, 203-pound Kelly will play running back in Knoxville.

“They’re getting a phenomenal athlete with a great work ethic,” Kelly’s position coach at Oak Park and personal trainer Darryl Graham said. “Very determined and not only that, they’re getting a great kid overall. Great personality, great sense of humor, he can interact with anyone, but most importantly his great work ethic and determination to be the best.”

Recruited by Robert Gillespie and Steve Stripling, Kelly becomes commit No. 28 for Tennessee in the class-of-2015.

As a senior, Kelly scored 25 touchdowns as a running back, receiver and kick/punt return man.

“His game play is pretty unique,” Graham said. “For Tennessee they don’t have too many backs that do some of the things that John does. He’s very elusive. I think that’s going to be unique, especially for the SEC where they have bigger and faster backs. With his change of direction, speed and balance, it’s going to be unique in the SEC. When I watch a lot of kids’ film, his balance is amazing and his vision is special.”

Kelly took his official visit to Tennessee this past weekend.

“I do believe that current depth chart at running back was a big factor,” Graham said. “The fact that the coaches, once they saw his film it’s been 110 miles per hours after him and his family, showing him and them a lot of attention, meeting with his mom on the regular and reaching out to his father was really special with his father being in Minnesota. Just those guys reaching out to him and making him feel comfortable and getting to know them.

“Just getting around the coaching staff and the players coming in in the current class, John mentioned the guys are excited and want to win and John has built relationships with the incoming class all across the country.”

Kelly was also excited about Tennessee’s broadcasting and communication school.

“His mom felt he would grow into a man being away somewhere like Tennessee,” Graham said. “She said that even before seeing the school.”

Kelly did have future official visits scheduled with Minnesota this weekend and Michigan the following weekend. Graham said those are canceled.

“He’s not going nowhere else,” Graham stated.
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 08:53:15 EST »

the 5-foot-10, 203-pound Kelly....... He’s very elusive. I think that’s going to be unique, especially for the SEC where they have bigger and faster backs. With his change of direction, speed and balance, it’s going to be unique in the SEC. When I watch a lot of kids’ film, his balance is amazing and his vision is special.”

Sounds a lot like Travis Henry, I like him already.....

11B4PJ3F7
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 04:27:48 EST »

This seems like a huge get. Even with Kamara, it seems we needed a couple more guys with potential. All won't pan out, but if one or two can be solid it would help.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: