VTTW Board Index
April 26, 2024, 05:04:04 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UT recruit goes to his Auburn visit, wears UT gear, is asked to leave......  (Read 14715 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: January 27, 2015, 03:24:28 EST »

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/tennessee-recruit-visits-auburn-tries-to-get-recruits-to-attend-tennessee-012615   
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 03:32:21 EST »

Me likey.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 03:49:58 EST »

Me likey.

Double edged sword. 

None of us would like it if he were an Auburn verbal who came to UT for an official visit in Auburn garb. 

This is one of the things I don't like about recruiting in this day and time.  If a player is going to make a verbal commitment, he needs to stop making visits. 

Just the way I see it. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 04:23:32 EST »

Preston is the fizzleing man. If you've followed him much since he committed to UT it's clear that this is a guy who just goes his own way and doesn't care what anyone thinks. I really hope he's an impact player for us but even if he's not I bet he'll make for some good stories.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 04:43:16 EST »

I was trolling an Auburn board and they hinted that it was because he had weed in his room. Who knows? Recruiting is a dirty game.

volsboyinsodak
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 04:58:00 EST »

I was trolling an Auburn board and they hinted that it was because he had weed in his room. Who knows? Recruiting is a dirty game.

Of course they are finding a way to make themselves feel better.

And Auburn fans are the last fan base out there who should be pointing fingers on recruiting issues. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 04:59:32 EST »

This is bound to be it. None of the Auburn players smoke weed so there must be zero tolerance on recruiting visits.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 08:50:47 EST »

This was an official visit, which means it was paid for on Auburn's dime.  To pull that kind of crap is immature, disrespectful, and classless.

Having said that, Preston is a kid we've all been worried about losing for months.  I guess this means he's pretty solid, which is good.  

And I think about all the commits AU has flipped from us at the 11th hour, dating all the way back to Cadillac Williams through Devonte Lambert last year, with many in between.  Then I remember the BS that Trooper pulled on us while he was there, and the way their posters came over here to gloat about it.  So I won't lie- it feels pretty good to finally win a recruiting battle against those guys, and to rub their noses in it a little to boot.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 10:57:51 EST by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2015, 09:04:57 EST »

I was going to say that I wouldn't like it if the shoe was on the other foot only as much as I wouldn't like losing on the field. But it being an official visit does damper my enthusiasm for his antics a bit.  However, he's a teenager and you have to admire his big cajones swagger.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2015, 09:13:49 EST »

This was an official visit, which means it was paid for on Auburn's dime.  To pull that kind of crap is immature, disrespectful, and classless.

Having said that, Preston is a kid we've all been worried about losing for months.  I guess this means he's pretty solid, which is good. 

And I think about all the commits AU has flipped from us at the 11th hour, dating all the way back to Cadillac Williams through Devonte Lambert last year, with many in between.  Then I remember the BS that Trooper pulled on us while he was there, and the way their posters came over here to gloat about it.  And I won't lie- it feels pretty good to finally win a recruiting battle against those guys, and to rub their noses in it a little to boot.

I DNGAF. Auburn can suck it. Preston has been clear that he is UT bound and AU wanted to pay his way to Auburn for an official anyway, so I have little sympathy. I mean let's get real here . . . there's not one element of college recruiting that isn't messed up and dirty and classless, so a recruit turning the tables shouldn't really raise an eyebrow.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2015, 11:16:19 EST »

It's payback for Trooper-gate and the (likely) payoff to Cadillac   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2015, 11:54:44 EST »

I DNGAF. Auburn can suck it. Preston has been clear that he is UT bound and AU wanted to pay his way to Auburn for an official anyway, so I have little sympathy. I mean let's get real here . . . there's not one element of college recruiting that isn't messed up and dirty and classless, so a recruit turning the tables shouldn't really raise an eyebrow.

So, you would be perfectly fine with it were it an Auburn verbal who came to UT and pulled the same kind of stunt? 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2015, 11:58:48 EST »

So, you would be perfectly fine with it were it an Auburn verbal who came to UT and pulled the same kind of stunt? 

I would.  I just don't care enough to care.   
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2015, 01:41:22 EST »

Early signing period say around Dec. 1st. would stop a lot of this crap and look at me stuff.

Adults....ESPN...Rivals....Scout...Army AA game.....Under Armor game etc. has let this happen. It's gotten out of hand IMO.
Creek Walker
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2015, 02:05:32 EST »

Auburn knew he was committed to UT and had him visit anyway. They deserve what they get. And, yes, I realize every single school does that, but my point is that, as they say, all is fair in love, war and recruiting.

Complete non-issue to me.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2015, 02:21:15 EST »

Nope. It would piss me off. And I neither encourage nor condone that type of behavior.

However, as we often say, he may have acted like a jerk, but he's our jerk. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2015, 03:07:27 EST »

I would.  I just don't care enough to care.   

This 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2015, 03:11:41 EST »

I was going to say that I wouldn't like it if the shoe was on the other foot only as much as I wouldn't like losing on the field. But it being an official visit does damper my enthusiasm for his antics a bit.  However, he's a teenager and you have to admire his big cajones swagger.

I didn't see this when I posted mine on trooper and cadillac. Great minds etc. ....

So what do u think of the first episode of justified?  Or have you seen it yet

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2015, 03:35:03 EST »

I have watched the first episode and look forward to the rest of the season. The writers seem to be painting too clear a picture of how everything is going to end, so I'm optimistic that they'll throw the viewers some curve balls.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2015, 03:45:39 EST »

Gonna miss Dewey.  That poor, dimwitted fool.

Anyone watch The Americans?  It starts back tomorrow night.  Great show.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2015, 04:05:59 EST »

Nope. It would piss me off. And I neither encourage nor condone that type of behavior.

However, as we often say, he may have acted like a jerk, but he's our jerk. 

But let me clarify myself:  Any recruit who goes to Kleimpesein and does that gets a pass by me.  The reality there is that he would be performing a much needed preventative service.   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2015, 04:10:54 EST »

I didn't say that. It would make me dislike the kid, no doubt. But that is not what happened. I dngaf about what Preston did to auburn.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2015, 04:52:07 EST »

Gonna miss Dewey.  That poor, dimwitted fool.

Anyone watch The Americans?  It starts back tomorrow night.  Great show.

I know right? My sentiments exactly. He was one of my favorite characters. 

Yes I watch The Americans. Will watch tomorrow

Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2015, 04:15:40 EST »

Double edged sword. 

None of us would like it if he were an Auburn verbal who came to UT for an official visit in Auburn garb. 

This is one of the things I don't like about recruiting in this day and time.  If a player is going to make a verbal commitment, he needs to stop making visits. 

Just the way I see it. 

I normally agree with everything you say Herb, but I don't fault these kids for taking all of their visits.  It isn't every day you can get wined and dined on the schools dime and treated like royalty.  Most of these kids are brought up in a difficult home environment and I don't fault them for enjoying each and every one of those 5 visits they get.  Was it childish and unmature on williams part, probably, but he is just 17 years old.  Should he have been the bigger person and just gone in and enjoyed the environment, probably...but in the end, it is the business of recruiting.  Negative recruiting is all over the place and these coaches are filling kids heads with all kinds of negative information about opposing schools.  Why is it ok for coaches to do that, but for kids not to dish it back out?  If this is all that Williams ever does, it is very small compared to what others do.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2015, 05:12:19 EST »

I normally agree with everything you say Herb, but I don't fault these kids for taking all of their visits.  It isn't every day you can get wined and dined on the schools dime and treated like royalty.  Most of these kids are brought up in a difficult home environment and I don't fault them for enjoying each and every one of those 5 visits they get.  Was it childish and unmature on williams part, probably, but he is just 17 years old.  Should he have been the bigger person and just gone in and enjoyed the environment, probably...but in the end, it is the business of recruiting.  Negative recruiting is all over the place and these coaches are filling kids heads with all kinds of negative information about opposing schools.  Why is it ok for coaches to do that, but for kids not to dish it back out?  If this is all that Williams ever does, it is very small compared to what others do.

Never said don't take visits, but if one is "committed" and taking visits then he either isn't really committed or he isn't taking the visit for the right reasons. 

Taking an official on a school's dime while "advertising" with a rivals schools apparel is pretty classless, in my opinion, and I don't care if one is 17 or 77 - one knows that doing something like that isn't going to be received very well. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: