VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 12:23:57 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UT recruit goes to his Auburn visit, wears UT gear, is asked to leave......  (Read 14659 times)
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2015, 07:27:01 EST »

Never said don't take visits, but if one is "committed" and taking visits then he either isn't really committed or he isn't taking the visit for the right reasons. 

Taking an official on a school's dime while "advertising" with a rivals schools apparel is pretty classless, in my opinion, and I don't care if one is 17 or 77 - one knows that doing something like that isn't going to be received very well. 

The reports on whether any of this happened are mixed. Others have said Auburn asked him to leave for smoking pot, which is LOL funny also. As if Auburn gives a half a crap about that.

Either way, being 17 is not an excuse, but it is an explanation.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2015, 08:02:46 EST »

The reports on whether any of this happened are mixed. Others have said Auburn asked him to leave for smoking pot, which is LOL funny also. As if Auburn gives a half a crap about that.

Either way, being 17 is not an excuse, but it is an explanation.

Don't buy the pot smoking thing at all, and especially coming from Auburn, where smoking dope and thuggery seems to be a way of life with its football program. 

Where I do disagree is that 17 or 18 is old enough to know that you don't taunt those who are offering you an opportunity to better yourselves and especially when they are footing the bill for you to have a good time. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Creek Walker
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2015, 08:05:55 EST »

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2015, 08:18:02 EST »

This is a message board and this is the off season.  Making mountains out of molehills is a rite of passage.   

And besides, being the outdoors type that you are I am sure you've seen some awfully big moles.  They need big hills.   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2015, 10:23:39 EST »

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/01/elite_wr_preston_williams_addr.html?hootPostID=d8a93dca98b068f8ee00e068eefc256d

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2015, 11:38:09 EST »

If they pressured him to be there knowing he was a verbal commit to Tennessee, then I don't see what he did as classless at all.  As has been mentioned, recruiting is a nasty business and this kid held strong under the pressure.
Creek Walker
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2015, 11:54:30 EST »

This is a message board and this is the off season.  Making mountains out of molehills is a rite of passage.   

And besides, being the outdoors type that you are I am sure you've seen some awfully big moles.  They need big hills.   

Well, actually, those are gophers...not moles. I realize that they're technically the same thing, but just for the sake of argument. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: