VTTW Board Index
April 25, 2024, 09:00:46 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Praying for an NCAA Tyndall misdemeanor (-:  (Read 4596 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2015, 05:08:41 EST »

Tough road loss against arguably the second best sec team.

Beautiful set play down 3 but ball just rimmed out.

Lots of basketball left but I really like what I see so far.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 02:00:37 EST »

Tough road loss against arguably the second best sec team.

Beautiful set play down 3 but ball just rimmed out.

Lots of basketball left but I really like what I see so far.

Tyndall is really good. This team has played over the heads in nearly every game-- maybe just 2-3 exceptions.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 03:40:18 EST »

Tyndall is definitely worth trying to keep, in my opinion.  Unless he gets a show cause of more than a year I hope that the powers that be fight for him. 

It's been opined that the "big money" types really like him and want Hart to do whatever possible to keep him. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 04:10:45 EST »

I am just amazed by some of the plays he draws up in time out situations.  That was a perfect play at the end of the game.  You can't get anymore wide open than that.  I feel bad for Hubbs for it not dropping but you can't make all of those.  Just a couple of mental mistakes throughout the game but they played well despite very difficult foul situations.  I didn't expect to win at Arkansas and they battled hard.  Imagine what Tyndall can do when he gets his type of guys into the system.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 04:49:24 EST »

And on Saturday, Auburn comes to town.  That should be the weirdest environment in the history of TBA. 

I still wish they would retire #5 before the game.  It's going to happen sometime.  Might as well do it when CL's old coach is there to see it.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 05:09:15 EST »

And on Saturday, Auburn comes to town.  That should be the weirdest environment in the history of TBA. 

I still wish they would retire #5 before the game.  It's going to happen sometime.  Might as well do it when CL's old coach is there to see it.

Shouldn't be weird at all.  The Auburn coach should be treated like any other visiting coach. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 05:12:26 EST »

Shouldn't be weird at all.  The Auburn coach should be treated like any other visiting coach. 

LOL. And we all know that's going to be the case...
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 05:14:59 EST »

LOL. And we all know that's going to be the case...

Which is much of the problem.  Too many UT fans still buying the Pearl snake oil.  It pisses me off that he thought he was bigger than the program and supporters he pissed on when he was trying to save his own ass from his own issues. 

He is an opponent coach - period.   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 07:36:08 EST »

Which is much of the problem.  Too many UT fans still buying the Pearl snake oil.  It pisses me off that he thought he was bigger than the program and supporters he pissed on when he was trying to save his own ass from his own issues. 

He was the best thing to happen to UT basketball since Ray Mears. That is unquestionably true. You'll have to forgive those who are thankful to his efforts for buying that "snake oil."

Yeah, now that he's at Auburn he's the enemy and I've actively tried to make myself dislike him. I've found that it's working. But do I blame anyone who still has a soft spot for the guy? Hell no I don't. Come on, Herb.

I wouldn't boo him and I wouldn't give him a dirty look if I saw him on the street, but there will be no mixed emotions for me on Saturday either. I want us to beat Auburn by 50.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 07:59:43 EST »

He was the best thing to happen to UT basketball since Ray Mears. That is unquestionably true. You'll have to forgive those who are thankful to his efforts for buying that "snake oil."

Yeah, now that he's at Auburn he's the enemy and I've actively tried to make myself dislike him. I've found that it's working. But do I blame anyone who still has a soft spot for the guy? Hell no I don't. Come on, Herb.

I wouldn't boo him and I wouldn't give him a dirty look if I saw him on the street, but there will be no mixed emotions for me on Saturday either. I want us to beat Auburn by 50.

Don't argue with that one bit.  Problem is that he thought he WAS the program when he made the decision to lie to save his own ass when the truth would have been nothing more than a very minor slap on the wrist. 

And that's what makes him a snake oil salesman.  He was the aw shucks I'm so happy to be here guy with the fans, but when push came to shove it was all about him. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Creek Walker
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2015, 08:04:44 EST »

It would've been much different if Pearl had left UT willingly and went to a different school. He put UT basketball back on the map and fans aren't quick to forget that, nor should they be.

I'm not sure where the perceived problem exists. If UT fans show up at TBA actively rooting for Pearl to beat Tennessee, that's a problem. I hardly see that happening, though. And, from my vantage point, there's hardly a problem elsewhere. Attendance averages have been higher post-Pearl than pre-Pearl, despite some fairly terrible coaching by Cuonzo Martin. People are supporting this program. What's the issue?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: