VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 03:17:15 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Follow up to a previous thread on Joc Bruce  (Read 1404 times)
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2015, 03:43:52 EST »

From today's Knoxville News-Sentinel:

Wonderful Time for Bruce: Jocquez Bruce has made the short drive to Tennessee’s campus on a number of occasions since committing to the Vols more than seven months ago. His latest visit was a bit more memorable than some of the others.

The three-star senior athlete said he had a “wonderful” time with Jones’ staff, other recruits and some of his future teammates.

With signing day now a little more than a week away, Bruce said his weekend stay at his hometown school left him eager to make his college decision official and enroll at Tennessee this summer.

“I’m just ready to get on campus and work,” said Bruce, who’s ranked the No. 33 overall prospect from the state of Tennessee in the 247Sports Composite for the 2015 class. “Signing day, that don’t mean nothing to me. I’m just ready to go ahead and get high school over with so I can go over there and be a Vol as soon as possible.”

The 5-foot-10, 168-pound Bruce said he spent plenty of time with Jones and the rest of the coaches — particularly wide receivers coach Zach Azzanni, who told Bruce “that I’m going to be coming in and playing early as a freshman, so I better prepare myself and be ready.”

Joc is not going to be "cut loose".  He's enrolling in June, he is an academic qualifier, and having seen him for a full season both on the game and practice fields I would be surprised if he doesn't play early on. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 03:49:47 EST »

I believe you Herb. It is funny how they rate these kids. It says he is only the 33rd rated prospect in Tennessee. On the surface it would seem he would not be able to play much early, if at all. But I tend to believe your eyeball test. Ranking these recruits is a crap shoot.

volsboyinsodak
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 04:00:12 EST »

Joc is not going to be "cut loose".  He's enrolling in June, he is an academic qualifier, and having seen him for a full season both on the game and practice fields I would be surprised if he doesn't play early on.  

I never thought he would be, but a lot of people who follow recruiting are wishing he would be. It's likely that we are turning away guys with more stars, and that freaks people out. Either the coaches really like him or they think it would be too damaging to pull a local guy's scholly offer. Either way, as long as he qualifies he'll be part of the class.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: