VTTW Board Index
April 25, 2024, 08:58:34 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: By my count......  (Read 1763 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2015, 12:40:35 EST »

UT has 12 "commitments" in the ESPN top 300 and 5 in the top 100.

I don't know how that compares to the past but I would be willing to bet that exceeds most seasons in the past and far exceeds the recent past seasons.

I would say that realistically UT fans should temper their immediate expectations. But that would be a futile endeavor.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 01:20:23 EST »

Fulmer recruited like this in his heyday, but other than that, we haven't had back to back classes like this in, well, ever.  And don't look now, but the 2016 class is off to a better start than even the last two.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 01:32:12 EST »

Fulmer recruited like this in his heyday, but other than that, we haven't had back to back classes like this in, well, ever.  And don't look now, but the 2016 class is off to a better start than even the last two.

I was talking about this with a coworker today.  During the Fulmer years was there a thing such as EE's? 

Idk, those were some good years but Butch just fits the needs perfectly.  And not only with top talent but quality guys, too.  I'm sure we're also pretty fortunate to have all these legacies hitting right now, too.  It's just the perfect storm with Butch and the legacies.  Feels like lightning in a bottle right now.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 01:43:29 EST »

I was talking about this with a coworker today.  During the Fulmer years was there a thing such as EE's? 

Idk, those were some good years but Butch just fits the needs perfectly.  And not only with top talent but quality guys, too.  I'm sure we're also pretty fortunate to have all these legacies hitting right now, too.  It's just the perfect storm with Butch and the legacies.  Feels like lightning in a bottle right now.

I seem to recall a couple EE's during the Fulmer years (Jason Allen, I think?), but they weren't nearly as commonplace as they are now, and there wasn't the conscious effort on the part of the staff to get recruits to graduate early like now.

Some folks chalked up last year as a fluke due to all the legacies and a banner crop of in-state talent.  But with the exception of KM (admittedly, that's a BIG exception), that hasn't been the case this year.  Any way you slice it, Butch can recruit.

Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 02:01:53 EST »

Some folks chalked up last year as a fluke due to all the legacies and a banner crop of in-state talent. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: