VTTW Board Index
April 16, 2024, 09:52:43 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I've been catching up on some TV shows on Netflix...  (Read 6495 times)
Be-the-Vol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2015, 07:10:05 EST »

over the past couple of months.  I'm caught up on Sons of Anarchy (increasingly violent), and watched all five seasons of Breaking Bad - really good show.  I'm about halfway through the first season of Mad Men, and I think I've developed lung cancer.     If the portrayal of office life is even remotely accurate, we've come a looooooooooooooooooong way.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 01:13:18 EST »

Have you watched House of Cards?  The third season comes out next Friday.

Be-the-Vol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 03:37:47 EST »

No, but I have a friend that loves it, and I'm thinking about watching it next.  I really like Kevin Spacey (but only as an actor).
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 03:30:04 EST »

Speaking of Kevin Spacey I did not know he was so good at impressions until recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ilLlk8l_Bk
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 07:58:50 EST »

BTW, is anyone else watching Better Call Saul?  I wasn't expecting much- but through three episodes, it's really good.

Be-the-Vol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 05:51:54 EST »

BTW, is anyone else watching Better Call Saul?  I wasn't expecting much- but through three episodes, it's really good.

I'm watching it.  I think it got off to a better start than Breaking Bad, but of course they had the experience of doing several seasons of BB to get it right.  I'm enjoying Saul's background story, never a dull moment for sure.    
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 06:34:34 EST »

They have it in 4k. I couldn't resist and broke down and got the tv.

BG
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 09:21:54 EST »

They have it in 4k. I couldn't resist and broke down and got the tv.

BG

How are you liking it so far?  I got a new TV back in October.  Went back and forth between a 55" 4K and a 65" 1080p for roughly the same price, finally settled on the bigger TV.  I'll get 4K next time, when there's more content.  It looks like that going forward, 4K will be standard anyway, and 1080p will be phased out.  
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 09:30:33 EST by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2015, 02:05:00 EST »

How are you liking it so far?  I got a new TV back in October.  Went back and forth between a 55" 4K and a 65" 1080p for roughly the same price, finally settled on the bigger TV.  I'll get 4K next time, when there's more content.  It looks like that going forward, 4K will be standard anyway, and 1080p will be phased out.  

I really like it, BDV. I got that Sony 65" that I wanted. I know I probably should have waited but the price really dropped and I bit the bullet. Some Blu Rays coming out later this year with some 4k content, and a lot of YouTube stuff now in 4k.

Just like when HD first appeared, the nature scenes such as now on YouTube in 4k are the ones that will really impress. In 1080 with a 4k set you get an upconverted picture and Blu Rays really stand out. With a 4k set, 3d content is shown in true 1080 which is great, too.

BG
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 06:43:51 EST »

BCS has been great.  I've been watching Amazon's "Bosch" as well - not too bad.  It's kinda like "The Shield" without the steroids.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2015, 06:13:30 EST »

BCS has been great.  I've been watching Amazon's "Bosch" as well - not too bad.  It's kinda like "The Shield" without the steroids.

Oh I liked The Shield.  I would check that out if I had Amazon.

I watched the first five episodes on DVD, but they didn't do the last two.  So I finally found it on in the 2 am timeslot on some obscure network and recorded it.  I watched the entire last two seasons that way, but the final episode was 2 hours long and when it came up the network only showed the first hour and then ended it.  LOL!  I still need to finish watching the last episode. 

I may try to do that today.  Haven't thought about that in a couple years, which is when I did my catching up. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Be-the-Vol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2015, 01:27:14 EST »

I forgot to mention that I also watched Dexter.  It was really good, but the ending sucked.  I was also a bit troubled that they kept harping on the "rules" (No 1 was to never get caught and all the others were there to make sure that rule No 1 was not broken), and every season he got found out by someone.  Just a couple of nits to pick for an otherwise really good series.   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2015, 08:57:11 EDT »

BDV, do you still watch The Americans?  I do.  It's still pretty good, although not nearly as good as season 1.

I find the contest for Paige very interesting.  I am pretty sure things are going to go really badly between the wife and husband before it's over...but my guess is that the wife will come around at the last minute.  We will see I guess.

Also have you watched "Gangland Undercover"?  Two shows in, it's pretty good so far IMO.

Also Fargo will be starting up again soon.  It's clear to me that the second season will focus on the father and whatever happened in the early 80s. At least there were plenty of hints.  Should be good again.

Actually this confirms it, but puts the timeline in 1979.  They certainly did telegraph it.

http://www.ibtimes.com/fargo-season-2-spoilers-kirsten-dunst-jesse-plemons-added-cast-character-scoop-more-1749647

I like Kirsten Dunst, so looking forward to it.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: