VTTW Board Index
April 26, 2024, 08:59:51 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I am now officially complaining about winter.....  (Read 4059 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2015, 10:17:33 EST »

I've held off in order to give it time to run its course. But now I'm done. We have more ice on the way tomorrow night. The worst thing is (or could be) that our biggest winter storms of the past have been in March. March!

Enough already. Where's the 110 degree heat index? Oh I long for the days.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 11:50:51 EST »

Talking to a buddy of mine today about this......Seems like Winter has been 6 freaking months long. It was so cold here on Halloween the little trick or treaters stayed home....been cold ever since.

Add the fact we had the worse Winter last year in 35 years and I'm about to go crazy. I'm retired and when I can't play golf or work in the yard it makes for long days. Played less golf since Thanksgiving than any stretch I can remember. I've watched so much improve your golf swing videos in this cold mess the past few months my golf game will be totally screwed up when I get back to the course again.

I've got some golf buddies that go to Florida all Jan and Feb......If my wife wasn't 11 years younger than me and she's still working my a$$ would be down there. If next Winter is a repeat I might go down there anyway.....I'll just tell her, I love you and I'll see you in March.
Navol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 04:35:35 EST »

Talking to a buddy of mine today about this......Seems like Winter has been 6 freaking months long. It was so cold here on Halloween the little trick or treaters stayed home....been cold ever since.

Add the fact we had the worse Winter last year in 35 years and I'm about to go crazy. I'm retired and when I can't play golf or work in the yard it makes for long days. Played less golf since Thanksgiving than any stretch I can remember. I've watched so much improve your golf swing videos in this cold mess the past few months my golf game will be totally screwed up when I get back to the course again.

I've got some golf buddies that go to Florida all Jan and Feb......If my wife wasn't 11 years younger than me and she's still working my a$$ would be down there. If next Winter is a repeat I might go down there anyway.....I'll just tell her, I love you and I'll see you in March.

You're certainly welcome, but please don't bring any friends with you. We're already up to our necks in snowbirds!

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 05:36:26 EST »

You're certainly welcome, but please don't bring any friends with you. We're already up to our necks in snowbirds!

Thanks for the invite. Know what you mean about the snowbirds.....My wife's parents lived in Ft. Lauderdale for 27 years......we use to go down there for about 2 weeks in the Winter. I'd play a course a lot that had condos surrounding the course and 80% of the units were owned by snowbirds. I'd join up and play with them...most were pretty nice but some could be real a$$holes. 
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 06:33:55 EST »

If you wanna play golf year round, go West young man! 

Without a doubt, my best golfing days were the years I spent in Cali.....

I went to Miami this past Dec and got a round in - other than that it has been nada for many, many moons.  There's been snow on the ground up here in Carroll County, MD since practically the late fall.

crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 10:57:25 EST »

I had a feeling this winter was gonna be a long,cold one when it snowed here in S.C on the morning of Nov.1st..Was just handing out candy the night before on Halloween..Will probably be snowing on April 1st too 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 11:06:25 EST »

Up until the past couple weeks, our winter here in Chattanooga has been very mild.  I like the snow, and I'm happy we finally got some.  But once March rolls around, I'm usually ready for warm weather.  So as far as I'm concerned, it can snow day and night through Saturday, but on Sunday, I want it to be 70 and sunny. 

73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 11:38:45 EST »

You can all keep complaining about the winter weather interrupting your golf games. I have been driving my wife to dialysis 3 days a week, the past two weeks in the snow and/or ice. As long as this can keep her alive, I could care less about the weather as long as our 4WD Blazer can go. Although I too am ready for spring weather. This getting old is a full contact sport.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 05:02:09 EST »

Snow is the devil.   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 05:45:30 EST »

Once I shoveled a path to the Blazer this morning, I got my wife to her appointment on time. It is just above freezing and mostly slush. Just waiting on rain to wash all the snow and ice away. The road out of the subdivision is fine and the main roads are clear.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: