VTTW Board Index
April 25, 2024, 03:39:37 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Retrospect on the BasketVols  (Read 37091 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2015, 04:34:41 EDT »

The first time I posted 15-20% I said up front it was "anecdotal".  For those of you who didn't know, that's a fancy way of saying "out of my arse".  HTK, pick up a dictionary occasionally.  I didn't "back off" of anything.  I stated up front that those numbers had no credibility.

And Creek, I never said it was a "driving" factor, just one among many.

Having said that, no one had the balls to answer my question, so I will answer it myself.

"Yes, there are racists in the UT fanbase".  Hopefully the minority of that is much smaller than what I speculate above.

I do note that no one has gone on record and said there are NOT any.

Finally, let me note that a good deal of discussion above involves a comparison of Tyndall to Martin.  A point long since irrelevant (hint, hint...some of you need to let go already  ).

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2015, 04:39:02 EDT »

Having said that, no one had the balls to answer my question, so I will answer it myself.

"Yes, there are racists in the UT fanbase".  Hopefully the minority of that is much smaller than what I speculate above.

I would hope nobody on here would disagree with you about this. There are most definitely racists in the UT fanbase. There are in every fanbase, and it's hard to judge if UT has relatively more than others.

I know a number of UT fans that I'd call racist, some more subtle about it than others. I know 15-20% might be out of your ass but I'm not sure it's too far off. The question is whether that's a high number relative to other sports fanbases, and that's tough to say.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: