VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 11:08:15 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone have the skinny on the Coleman Thomas Arrest?*  (Read 7492 times)
BrazosVol
Special Teamer

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2015, 11:28:35 EDT »

NM
BrazosVol
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 11:40:20 EDT »

http://tennessee.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Vols-Coleman-Thomas-arrested-36419707?utm_source=247Sports+Newsletter&utm_campaign=db5b63014a-150326_Tennessee+Volunteers&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b5300ae947-db5b63014a-224370573
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 02:24:41 EDT »

It appears he tried to trade in a hot Xbox at Gamestop.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 04:30:50 EDT »

Charged with felony theft, which in Tennessee is something valued between $500 and $1000.

But it is a felony, and not a misdemeanor. 

Don't see that Butch will have much choice here, nor should he, given that it is a felony.

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BrazosVol
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 05:39:39 EDT »

Agree. No choice. Crap! Just a little bit of luster coming off my expectations for next season.

You don't suppose he was hungry, like Foster, do you? Thomas, I mean.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 12:41:30 EDT »

Charged with felony theft, which in Tennessee is something valued between $500 and $1000.

But it is a felony, and not a misdemeanor. 

Don't see that Butch will have much choice here, nor should he, given that it is a felony.

But you know the felony charge won't stick.  They'll plead it down to a misdemeanor at worst, maybe even pre-trial diversion assuming he's a first-time offender.  Then we'll see how Butch handles it.  I'm guessing that if the merchandise was stolen from a teammate, he's gone.  If not, he'll be suspended for a game or two.  Not that I would necessarily agree with that, just my opinion of what will happen.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 02:09:47 EDT »

The rumor going around is that he pawned this for a certain teammate, not knowing that it was stolen. If that's the case, Thomas needs to be suspended for poor judgment but a felony charge won't stick. The teammate, who apparently has caused other trouble, needs to be shown the door.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

10EC
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 02:32:38 EDT »

The rumor going around is that he pawned this for a certain teammate, not knowing that it was stolen. If that's the case, Thomas needs to be suspended for poor judgment but a felony charge won't stick. The teammate, who apparently has caused other trouble, needs to be shown the door.

Given our black cloud record, I'm just going to assume it is Dobbs....   

Anyone different would be a pleasant surprise. 
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 02:34:13 EDT »

Given our black cloud record, I'm just going to assume it is Dobbs....   

Anyone different would be a pleasant surprise. 

No, not Dobbs.  I know the rumored name but I'll not share it since it's just a rumor after all. It's not a guy who contributed last year.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 02:48:21 EDT »

No, not Dobbs.  I know the rumored name but I'll not share it since it's just a rumor after all. It's not a guy who contributed last year.

If someone is really interested, it has been posted on other boards, as early as yesterday mid day

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Creek Walker
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2015, 03:31:25 EDT »

Before anyone gets their hopes up that Thomas has a future with this program, can I be the annoying voice of reason and remind everyone that many UT fans also convinced themselves that AJ Johnson simply had an affair with that girl, and she had admitted such to police?
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2015, 03:42:06 EDT »

Before anyone gets their hopes up that Thomas has a future with this program, can I be the annoying voice of reason and remind everyone that many UT fans also convinced themselves that AJ Johnson simply had an affair with that girl, and she had admitted such to police?

It's also worth remembering that AJ hasn't been convicted of anything. For what that's worth.

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2015, 04:28:03 EDT »

I'll see how it plays out before passing judgment. He may be a klepto, or may just be a guy who should have asked questions. Turns out I was in a fantasy football league with a guy who used to fence stuff on the side.

I never got any of it, but it took a couple of years to figure out what he was up to. He had a responsible corporate job by day. 

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Creek Walker
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2015, 04:34:05 EDT »

It's also worth remembering that AJ hasn't been convicted of anything. For what that's worth.

That's true, but if the investigation had played out the way many UT fans (on other boards, at least) convinced themselves it had, the case would've never gone before the grand jury.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2015, 05:07:03 EDT »

Ha!  I laughed.  

And you forgot to add that those same people were convinced that Jon Gruden was actually going to be the football coach at UT because he owns property in Jefferson County, you know. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Creek Walker
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2015, 07:17:37 EDT »

So, please disregard my previous posts. 
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2015, 07:19:18 EDT »

So, please disregard my previous posts. 

It sounds like the rumors that went around at the time were dead-on.

Creek Walker
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2015, 07:32:33 EDT »

It sounds like the rumors that went around at the time were dead-on.

For once...
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2015, 08:12:34 EDT »

For once...

Yeah, I have to agree that it's a rare occurrence.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: