VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 06:17:38 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Got a Few Things to Say  (Read 2234 times)
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« on: March 27, 2015, 04:08:07 EDT »

(1)  I read the comments about Zo and Tyndall and the reaction to some that Tyndall was not a good coach or a better coach than Zo was while he was the Coach at UT.  For those of you that believe that Zo is a better coach lets look at facts and not hyperbole from the media.  While Zo was coaching a team with Stokes, Richardson, Maymon in 2014 (and I was at the games in TBA since I have season tickets) the team that was on the floor lost to Texas A&M and NC State to just bring up two losses that were inexplicable with the talent level.  During the NC State game where a coach who is praised for his defense does not call a timeout when NC State goes on a run and hits several triples in a row.  Every coach worth his salt will call a time out to break an opponents mojo when they get hot.  Zo must have not learned that lesson.  Texas A&M game UT has a 13 point halftime lead and then proceeds to lose the game because the other team gets hot and we have the same kind of thing happening in that nothing is done to disrupt the other team's mojo at all.  Even I as a computer geek knows to call a time out and break up the mojo.  As far as offense goes, well I would bet you that the statistical universe was quite small when it came to offensive effectiveness under Zo.

(2) The charges of RACISM towards Zo are just laughable in the extreme.  If UT was racist in any shape form or fashion or the fans either I would ask you to give chapter, verse, and punctuation to prove your point.  First of all there were lots of times that I saw while attending events in Knoxville outside of the games where Zo was feted while being the basketball coach of UT.  When Haslam kisses your A$$ you are far from being racist.  Lots of people liked Zo and thought highly of him for defeating cancer and his stand for helping against that disease.  Overall Zo was not outgoing and his lack of "press awareness" that Pearl had led to comparisons, and while maybe unfair, they were not racially motivated. 

(3) Overall what Tyndall did while at UT during the past year was pretty amaziung in that he had less of a squad to work with than are at many OVC schools.  Overall if Tyndall had not had the NCAA cloud he would have been a good coach moving forward.  Sadly though people that worked for him led to his demise at UT. 

(4) Overall we have wandered through the wilderness and now we are looking for a new coach....will this be the one that will return us to the glory days of a few years past?  I do NOT know but I do know that there was lots of vetting done against Tyndall and the Southern Miss mess was not applicable when Tyndall was hired and noone was aware that it was going to happen. 

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 04:23:47 EDT »

Zo leaving was good. The only problem was his replacement, and quite frankly, I think Tyndall did well on the court.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 05:30:24 EDT »

Zo is out of place at any school above a mid-major league. He is a decent person of high character. However, being a good guy does not make you a good head coach. As HC, Zo is mediocre at best. Anyone that wants to argue that point does not know basketball IMO.

Another thing that should be rapidly coming into focus and obvious to anyone not wearing orange tinted glasses should be the realization that Dave Hart is incompetent as an AD. He got fired from FSU because he let athletic programs decline. Alabama did not raise a fuss or offer a fight when we hired him. If you can get a rival school to hire away a bad administrator, all the better for you. The turmoil in the department and lawsuits will continue until Hart is gone

Face it. Hart was hired by Cheek to be the hatchet man to come in a fire a bunch of women and to act as a buffer between Cheek and bad publicity. Hart is only doing what Cheek ordered him to do. The sad truth is Jimmy Cheek is as incompetent and underhanded as Hart and deserves to be fired. But only Cheek can fire Hart and he will not do that until his job is on the line. And only Depietro can fire Cheek. The UT Board of Directors are non-existent and only there to suck in money, be figureheads and act like they have any control over UT, and do what Haslam tells them. Haslam cannot run the state so what gives anybody any hope he cares about UT. Haslam only cares about money.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 10:06:11 EDT »

Zo leaving was good. The only problem was his replacement, and quite frankly, I think Tyndall did well on the court.
I agree with that. It is just Vol luck to have these things happen. I don't think we can get a better on court coach than Tyndall. He was a really good X's and O's guy. Too bad he had to be a knucklehead at his previous jobs.What did it get him?

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: