VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 05:18:41 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You stay classy, corch herban...  (Read 3395 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2015, 01:27:15 EDT »

I don't know if even Saban has ever "processed" a kid out before he even gets a chance to practice.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2015/04/jamel_dean_ohio_state_roster.html

Jean Voljean
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 03:42:49 EDT »

The kid's high school coach sounds like a dumbo, or at least an adult with a child's perspective to me.

After recently tearing up his knee for the second time, OSU is offering him a full ride scholarship where he can devote his time to classes and a real college life, not tear up his body anymore, the opportunity to earn a highly respected degree fully paid for by OSU despite Ohio not being at fault for his injury and the benefit of actually being able to walk at 40 without painkillers.

And he is getting screwed?  I can see an eighteen year old brain with BS dreams of a long NFL career and retirement as a billionaire complaining, but we adults should know better.

My bet is given the quality of his mentorship this young man will turn down OSU's offer, transfer to another school, finish off his legs, drop out and spend the rest of his life trying to stay above $10 an hour.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 03:49:49 EDT »

Did you miss the part where they got a second a opinion from Dr. James Andrews, who said that with some more rehab, the kid should be ready to go by this summer?  Sorry, but if the greatest orthopedic surgeon who ever lived tells me I can still play, then I'm not giving up on my dream. 

The kid is being processed, and nothing more.  If he were a 5 star, can't-miss prospect, you really think Urban wouldn't be giving him some more time?

Jean Voljean
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 03:53:09 EDT »

I understand why an eighteen year old would not want to miss out. But the adult in me says he is actually being offered a much better deal than the one he signed up for.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 04:03:00 EDT »

I understand why an eighteen year old would not want to miss out. But the adult in me says he is actually being offered a much better deal than the one he signed up for.

While that may or may not be true, it's still the kid's choice to make (or at least it SHOULD be).  Bottom line, he wanted to play football at Ohio State.  Urban offered him a scholarship to do so (knowing full well that he was coming off two knee injuries), secured his signature on a LOI, and then swept the rug right out from under him before even giving him a chance to prove himself.  

I think it's pretty clear that Urban only recruited him in the first place to get an "in" with his younger, higher-rated teammates.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 04:12:25 EDT »

Urban Cryer needed the room...he was processed plain and simple.

If Dr. Andrew's says a kid can play....then the kid can play.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: