VTTW Board Index
April 25, 2024, 04:12:56 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello From The South of France  (Read 4447 times)
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« on: April 26, 2015, 10:22:12 EDT »

Which one of you lost his license plate about 20 years ago????

I found it.  Here I am in this little village in the South of France and what do I spot but a license plate from Knox County, Tennessee.  I will be posting a pic to shame the perpetrator into confessing. 

Yep cue the X-FILES music for sure.

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 02:19:21 EDT »

Sounds like your "How I spent my Summer Vacation" presentation to the class is going to be pretty interesting this September.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 05:55:57 EDT »

The first day I woke up. I went downtown to look for a job.......The second day of my summer vacation.........

volsboyinsodak
EmerilVOL
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 06:47:48 EDT »

Sounds like your "How I spent my Summer Vacation" presentation to the class is going to be pretty interesting this September.

Yep I have over 1000 pics already plus a video of the Monaco Grand Prix circuit.  We went to Monaco and our driver drove us around the Grand Prix circuit and we recorded video of it.  Is a cool video that I will edit and post as well.

Will be back to the states on Wednesday evening (May 6) and will give you a ring next week.

EmerilVOL

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 06:04:24 EDT »

Cool. I am going to be there in June. 

Are you using an ATM and if so, did you have to get a card with a chip?

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
EmerilVOL
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 06:39:12 EDT »

Cool. I am going to be there in June. 

Are you using an ATM and if so, did you have to get a card with a chip?
. Get a prepaid Visa card and load it with some cash then go across the pond.  All the new prepaid cards are chipped and it is the best way to protect yourself plus it is useful at restaurants and shops as well.  Prepaid is the way to go and you can reload them just by calling your bank and getting them to transfer money into the account number on the card.

EmerilVOL

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 08:46:36 EDT »

Done. I'll be calling Emeril's bank and telling them to load my prepaid Visa. Thanks!

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 11:32:01 EDT »

. Get a prepaid Visa card and load it with some cash then go across the pond.  All the new prepaid cards are chipped and it is the best way to protect yourself plus it is useful at restaurants and shops as well.  Prepaid is the way to go and you can reload them just by calling your bank and getting them to transfer money into the account number on the card.

Thanks.  As it turns out, my bank told me that my ATM card will work overseas provided the network is there and that I file some paperwork with them online ahead of time so that they know I will be withdrawing money in France.

But I do still want a credit card with a chip.  I checked at Wal-Mart.  The ones they had there had lots of fees and did not appear to have a chip.

My American Express card already has a chip.  Is that widely accepted in France?

I will likely get a prepaid one regardless.  Thanks for the advice.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 12:41:16 EDT »

Thanks.  As it turns out, my bank told me that my ATM card will work overseas provided the network is there and that I file some paperwork with them online ahead of time so that they know I will be withdrawing money in France.

But I do still want a credit card with a chip.  I checked at Wal-Mart.  The ones they had there had lots of fees and did not appear to have a chip.

My American Express card already has a chip.  Is that widely accepted in France?

Where I've been in Europe, they look at you weird when you produce a card without a chip (like my corporate card).

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
EmerilVOL
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 03:26:16 EDT »

Best thing to do is select one or two cards to take with you and leave everything else at home. If your ATM card does not have a chip it is useless unless you go into a bank that is part of your network and talk to the tellers and make sure you speak excellent French if you do that.  That is why we did the prepaid chipped cards from visa at our bank.  Plus if you use a bank issued card they will refill it for no charge.  We only got charged for the initial issuance fee which was cheap compared to those at Wally World.  The system in Europe is that they bring a terminal to you, you swipe or slide in your card and enter a pin (if the card has a chip) and then the charge is authorized.  Card does not leave your sight.

EmerilVOL

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2015, 10:44:19 EDT »

okay I'll check with my bank.  hopefully they have a prepaid card with a chip in it

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: