VTTW Board Index
April 18, 2024, 11:23:01 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Droner: this is fair warning!!  (Read 5923 times)
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2015, 05:27:55 EDT »

Saturday morning the wife and I will be blazing through South Caroline interstates (I-26 & I-20) from K-town headed to Myrtle Beach for vacation. Please be forewarned about the Silver Maxima if you are out on I-26 or I-20 mid-day. Good seafood and cold beer is in my future so do not impede my progress. We always try to go mid-May, but this year I was worried because she fell and broke her back in January. It took until April before she has recovered enough to go. This getting old is not a lot of fun.

Since you usually are at Lake Session or playing golf, that should not be a problem. Just wanted to warn you if you head to Columbia.

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 07:35:07 EDT »

Have a good time. We always appreciate those out of state dollars. After all, tourism is the number one industry in the state. So spend up.

And you won't run into me in Columbia. People only go through Columbia. Not to. 
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 07:52:59 EDT »

Have a good time. We always appreciate those out of state dollars. After all, tourism is the number one industry in the state. So spend up.

And you won't run into me in Columbia. People only go through Columbia. Not to. 
Every other year I do "go to", for about 4 hours, MAX.  Last year seemed like longer due to the cold and the OT.  However, picking up enough dropped towels cover my garage floor after the "sandstorm people" left was PRICELESS

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 11:31:02 EDT »

Every other year I do "go to", for about 4 hours, MAX.  Last year seemed like longer due to the cold and the OT.  However, picking up enough dropped towels cover my garage floor after the "sandstorm people" left was PRICELESS

Yep.  There is a reason for when my son has been waiting for post assignments that he's said that he would be ok with anywhere in the southeastern US EXCEPT for Fort Jackson. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 05:53:15 EDT »

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
73Volgrad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 09:26:34 EDT »

As JB says: The weather is here; wish you were beautiful.  Seafood is great. The beer is cold. What more can you ask for?
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 09:58:43 EDT »

A couple of our favorite places to dine are down in Murrell's Inlet:

The Crab Shack (and for a Buffett fan this is a must)

Creek Ratz. 

Both are very casual eateries and Creek Ratz has live music just about ever night. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 12:51:33 EDT »

Hey Droner, where exactly do you live? I can send you my email if you prefer. I miss going to Champions in Tampa (a sports bar) with Pirate, Crockett and Bayvol, and my wife and I are moving to Blythewood very soon. We close on our house in 2 weeks.

I'm really looking forward to getting there, it looks like a great place to live and right in the middle.of everything we love. Charleston, Savanna and Ashville

11B4PJ3F7
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2015, 01:21:27 EDT »

Hey Droner, where exactly do you live? I can send you my email if you prefer. I miss going to Champions in Tampa (a sports bar) with Pirate, Crockett and Bayvol, and my wife and I are moving to Blythewood very soon. We close on our house in 2 weeks.

I'm really looking forward to getting there, it looks like a great place to live and right in the middle.of everything we love. Charleston, Savanna and Ashville

Wait, do you actually think you're going meet droner in person?  Are you new here?

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2015, 03:01:47 EDT »

The person who doesn't really exist is a fur piece up the road from ya (A certain resident of beautiful downtown Pal would get sidetracked at a Beacon by the road ...).  However, the "person who never gets email" is not too fur from ya.  Actually, I don't think that is too far from where 'nut used to live.

So, next year's annual beat the OBC pregame party is at yer house??

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2015, 04:24:21 EDT »

I'm in Greenville.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2015, 04:27:32 EDT »

We always go to Drunken Jack's in Murrell's Inlet.  May be other places, but we like it.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2015, 05:18:50 EDT »

We always go to Drunken Jack's in Murrell's Inlet.  May be other places, but we like it.

DJ's is a good place. 

Inlet Crab House and Creek Ratz are much different types of places - much more laid back. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
73Volgrad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2015, 01:57:27 EDT »

Made it back from MB safely Thursday.  I could not eat my weight in shrimp, but it was not for lack of trying.
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2015, 06:28:25 EDT »

Pirate, I get email now. I changed my name and used someone elses picture. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: