VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 04:40:03 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think our record will be after the first 4 games. I am going out on  (Read 3768 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2015, 10:47:00 EDT »

a limb and saying 4-0. I think we should/could beat Oklahama and UF. Of course, the way it has gone against UF in recent history I sometimes felt that we couldn't win a forfeited game against UF. We will beat them in the swamp. The next three games are all tough as well. If things go wrong we could easily be 2-5. Just a thin line between undefeated and terrible.

volsboyinsodak
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 12:42:44 EDT »

OU 60%-40% loss

FL 55%-45% loss

Edit: Until we beat Florida, I'll believe it when I see it.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 05:20:39 EDT »

I'll go optimisic and say 4-0 as well

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 04:58:47 EDT »

I'm looking at 3-1. 

I think we will find a way to get over the Florida hump, but I don't think we beat Oklahoma. 

In my opinion we have a better "chance" of being 2-2 than 4-0. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2015, 03:19:51 EDT »

Question: Has anyone on OU's roster played in a road environment as tough as they're likely to see in Knoxville?  They don't play Texas in Austin (not that that's even close), so what's the toughest roadgame these guys have played?  WVU?

That's our home opener (since BG is in Nashville).  It's easily the most attractive matchup of the day, so there's a pretty good chance Gameday will be there.  It will probably be a primetime game (giving the crowd even more time to get good and liqoured up).  And Trevor Knight has shown a propensity to get rattled and turn the ball over (and Msrs. Barnett and Magitt may have a say in that, too).

I don't know about you guys, but I smell a 2006 Cal style beatdown.  This is going to be our national coming out party.  WWFDT. 

Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2015, 07:20:34 EDT »

My brain says Herb is right. My heart says BDV is right.

I thought last year's UF game was the biggest game being played in Neyland in many years. But, all things considered, I think this year's Oklahoma game may be even more important -- which is weird to say about a non-conference game, but it's crucial that this team gets off to a good start, and winning in Gainesville is hardly a guarantee, as everyone has already pointed out.

A 2-2 start wouldn't be the death knell for this team, but it would present an awfully big obstacle not just for this team but for the Butch Jones era as a whole.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2015, 07:25:47 EDT »

My brain says Herb is right. My heart says BDV is right.

I thought last year's UF game was the biggest game being played in Neyland in many years. But, all things considered, I think this year's Oklahoma game may be even more important -- which is weird to say about a non-conference game, but it's crucial that this team gets off to a good start, and winning in Gainesville is hardly a guarantee, as everyone has already pointed out.

A 2-2 start wouldn't be the death knell for this team, but it would present an awfully big obstacle not just for this team but for the Butch Jones era as a whole.

It may well be the biggest home game in over a decade.  But if we win, and then take care of UF and Arkansas, the UGA game will be much, much bigger.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 07:28:29 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

DuckVol
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2015, 07:53:53 EDT »

While I think OU vs. UT will be a great game, I am not sure it is the best matchup of the day with LSU at Miss St. and Oregon at Michigan St. the same day.  I suspect Gameday could be at Starkville or East Lansing just as easily as Knoxville.  That said, I think the Vols have as good a chance of beating the Sooners as they do of losing.  Stop that OU running game and shore up the OL pass protection, and we should be in good shape.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2015, 05:48:48 EDT »

I thought the OU QB was gone, but he's not apparently.  If they were replacing a qb I'd feel real good.

As it is, our offense, at home, with many more games and a better, more experienced QB and additional 5-star RB will be much, much better than what we saw last year, and OU was not known for D last year.  That gives me great hope.

Our D is back and is pretty tough.  Key match-up there might be our secondary vs. their WR. 

I will be going again with a close friend who is an OU grad, so I am looking forward to it very much.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: