VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 06:10:42 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Lady Vols softball team is going back to the Women's College World Series...  (Read 3431 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2015, 10:56:40 EDT »

This is at least a year ahead of schedule as this was supposed to be a reloading year.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 11:32:12 EDT »

I don't think they have quite enough to win it this year, but they're definitely peaking at the right time.  I think they only have two seniors on the roster, so the future is bright.  

But now that the SEC is finally getting some respect in this sport, they need to win a title in the next few years.  They deserve it, if for no other reason than to make up for all those LV teams from the last decade that were criminally under-seeded and forced to travel and fight a huge uphill battle just to make it to OKC.  IIRC, one of those Monica Abbott led teams only lost 2-3 games all season, but still only got a 12 seed.  That would never happen now.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 11:34:28 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 02:33:10 EDT »

5 of the 8 WCWS teams are from the SEC, including all 4 on our side of the bracket.  It wasn't long ago that the Pac 10/12 annually dominated the field in this event.

Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 03:02:39 EDT »

The SEC is more dominant in baseball and softball now than in football. The only thing missing is basketball. That will never change, but with the incredible upgrade in coaching talent in this league and looming NCAA sanctions against UNC, the gap might be getting smaller.
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 03:59:52 EDT »

P.S. Please refrain from using the term "Lady Vols." We're united.

Sincerely, Dave Hart.
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 03:09:09 EDT »

P.S. Please refrain from using the term "Lady Vols." We're united.

Sincerely, Dave Hart.

Screw Dave Hart -- they will always be the Lady Vols to me!    And hoping the softball Ladies but a hurtin' on Florida today!  GO LADY VOLS!!! WOOO!!! 

tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 06:12:02 EDT »

Well, that didn't last long. Ya still gotta love 'em cause they're ours.

Yup, Granny...they're our Lady Vols!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2015, 08:57:52 EDT »

Well, that didn't last long. Ya still gotta love 'em cause they're ours.

Yup, Granny...they're our Lady Vols!

They're not out yet- it's double elimination.  They play Auburn tomorrow, and the loser of that one goes home. 

tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2015, 09:09:24 EDT »

They're not out yet- it's double elimination.  They play Auburn tomorrow, and the loser of that one goes home.

Woo!! I didn't know that. I have to work tomorrow so won't get to watch. That might be a good thing, I'm kinda unlucky.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: