VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 10:09:56 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vols favored in first five games  (Read 2919 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2015, 03:25:03 EDT »

Even during our mid 90's peak, I didn't think I'd see the day when we were favored by 4 in Gainesville

http://www.rockytopinsider.com/2015/06/16/vols-favored-in-first-five-games-of-2015/

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 03:52:21 EDT »

Unfortunately, favored doesn't mean winning. It is still nice to see for a change. Beating the Gators will be an important one. We all now how well we always play against them. OK and Arky are toss-ups if you ask me. If we do win those first five, we should only have trouble with Bama if all the preseason talk is correct. I see one publication has UGa at #5 in the country. Another about 10th. Do you see them a a top 10 team? Seems high to me.

volsboyinsodak
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 03:55:43 EDT »

Unfortunately, favored doesn't mean winning. It is still nice to see for a change. Beating the Gators will be an important one. We all now how well we always play against them. OK and Arky are toss-ups if you ask me. If we do win those first five, we should only have trouble with Bama if all the preseason talk is correct. I see one publication has UGa at #5 in the country. Another about 10th. Do you see them a a top 10 team? Seems high to me.

UGA doesn't have a QB. I have no idea why people seem so high on them. They should be favored to win the East but they're going to lose some games.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 04:21:47 EDT »

UGA doesn't have a QB. I have no idea why people seem so high on them. They should be favored to win the East but they're going to lose some games.

The general thought seems to be that their running game is so strong that the QB really doesn't matter.  And maybe that will prove to be correct against us- it did last year.  Although our DL (specifically the DTs) mostly punched above their weight class, UGA was one of the teams that was able to exploit them.  This game, more than any other, is the one where McKenzie and Tuttle will counted on to do more than just occupy blockers.  But OU and Arky will be big challenges as well.  Those guys are going to have to grow up in a hurry.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 04:38:12 EDT »

If you consider any spread within 4-5 points to be basically a tossup, I think we have six games we should win, one we should lose (@ Alabama) and five tossups. All bets are off if we sustain key injuries, but I think things are setting up pretty well for 8-9 regular season wins, which I'd be happy with.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 07:23:51 EDT »

Obviously being a favorite on paper means very little, but the fact that those making the betting lines think we are a 4 point favorite at The Swamp think we are 7-10 points better than the Crocs, given that The Swamp is generally worth at least a TD to the home team. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 11:51:48 EDT »

Florida has such a rebuilding effort on offense that this may well be the year we break the streak.  That, and I think our offense will be much better against them than last year.  Last year's offensive performance against UF was quite painful to watch.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: