VTTW Board Index
April 16, 2024, 02:40:07 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well dam. Mosley arrested  (Read 6376 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2015, 03:59:57 EDT »

http://www.wbir.com/story/sports/college/vols/football/2015/07/22/vols-lineman-charles-mosley-arrested-for-dui/30538423/

Was he expected to be a factor on the O line?

The site I checked still had him on the DL.  So maybe not, lol

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 04:06:45 EDT »

I think they experimented with him on the DL during the spring, but most still expect him to play OL.  He probably wouldn't have played much if at all this year anyway.  He got a medical exception last year, so he still has his 5 years of eligibility left, and he still needs to work himself back into playing shape.  Butch can keep up appearances and "suspend" him, but he was probably always destined for a redshirt year in 2015.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 02:39:52 EDT »

Yeah. Mosley needs to be more responsible and more careful but to be honest this would be a bigger deal to me if it were alcohol instead of pot.

And I agree with BDV this isn't such a big deal for the team if Butch can capitalize on it and use it as a message.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 04:08:52 EDT »

Still don't get these kids. I know they are kids and adults do stupid things too, but they have so many safety nets that he could've gotten a ride from somebody in the athletic department. He probably isn't old enough to legally drink either. Hope he can overcome his mistake.

volsboyinsodak
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 05:04:16 EDT »

Yeah. Mosley needs to be more responsible and more careful but to be honest this would be a bigger deal to me if it were alcohol instead of pot.

And I agree with BDV this isn't such a big deal for the team if Butch can capitalize on it and use it as a message.

Driving impaired is driving impaired in my book. If I were Butch, he would be on an extremely short leash now...as in a zero-tolerance leash.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 05:20:25 EDT »

Driving impaired is driving impaired in my book. If I were Butch, he would be on an extremely short leash now...as in a zero-tolerance leash.

From a legal perspective you're right. But chemically/physiologically, they can be considerably different.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 05:25:50 EDT »

For a guy who was damn near killed in a car accident and then he goes out and does this......Stupid.
Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 05:32:44 EDT »

From a legal perspective you're right. But chemically/physiologically, they can be considerably different.

There's also the fact that, aside from getting behind the wheel, drinking alcohol is not illegal (well, it would be  for Mosley since he isn't 21, but still...) while smoking weed is. That compounds things and makes it worse. I'm much more concerned about a guy who is high on pot than a guy who is drunk.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2015, 05:49:52 EDT »

There's also the fact that, aside from getting behind the wheel, drinking alcohol is not illegal (well, it would be  for Mosley since he isn't 21, but still...) while smoking weed is. That compounds things and makes it worse. I'm much more concerned about a guy who is high on pot than a guy who is drunk.

Not me. I'm a hundred times more concerned about a drunk who drives compared to a driving stoner. Stoners are paranoid drivers and usually drive too cautiously. Drunks are fearless and aggressive.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2015, 06:17:48 EDT »

Not me. I'm a hundred times more concerned about a drunk who drives compared to a driving stoner. Stoners are paranoid drivers and usually drive too cautiously. Drunks are fearless and aggressive.

This. This is what I meant.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2015, 07:41:17 EDT »

Considering that pot is still illegal, I think there is plenty to be concerned about. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2015, 07:48:34 EDT »

Considering that pot is still illegal, I think there is plenty to be concerned about. 

No question. I hate it when any of them get into trouble about anything. Unfortunately, it no longer shocks me when they do.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2015, 08:56:03 EDT »

One thing that all of you are going to have to come to terms with is that these problems are bred from recruiting players who are good enough to win in the SEC. To win, you have to deal with those problems. Vanderbilt found out what happens when you establish that culture of trying to win. And UT found out what happens when you try to eliminate it.

There are a certain amount of these issues that a winning coach in the SEC is going to have to deal with. Personally I don't give a shizzle. I don't need to apologize to other fan bases for how our kids act... they're all a bunch of knuckleheads at that age... but I want to win so I expect Butch to have to deal with these issues.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2015, 10:18:42 EDT »

One thing that all of you are going to have to come to terms with

You're not the boss of me.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2015, 10:43:51 EDT »

I agree.  So does the fact that he was going 79 in a 55 mean that he was not stoned?    Because I have heard that some stoners get really angry also, though from what little I know I think that reaction is less common.   

And the real problem here is that anyone would ever make the speed limit on a freaking interstate 55.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2015, 03:23:37 EDT »

You're not the boss of me.

Wait just a friggin min....

Oh shizzle you're right

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: