VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 09:11:55 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More proof that McElwain (sp?) is FL's Dooley  (Read 7582 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2015, 02:33:13 EDT »

They keep taking commitments from guys no one else in the SEC is recruiting. The latest.  5.3  2 star QB Kyle Trask. His other offers: Fresno, La-Lafayette, and Tulsa. They also took 2 other commitments this weekend that were total head scratchers.

https://rivals.yahoo.com/tennessee/football/recruiting/player-Kyle-Trask-181402

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 03:30:41 EDT »

They keep taking commitments from guys no one else in the SEC is recruiting. The latest.  5.3  2 star QB Kyle Trask. His other offers: Fresno, La-Lafayette, and Tulsa. They also took 2 other commitments this weekend that were total head scratchers.

https://rivals.yahoo.com/tennessee/football/recruiting/player-Kyle-Trask-181402

He doesn't even have offers from those three. His only offers were from Lamar, McNeese State, and Houston Baptist. Kid doesn't start for his high school team-- which makes him an unknown and could give UF fans hope that their coaches are seeing something that nobody else has. McElwain can coach a QB but this kid would have to be a diamond in the really, really rough for this to make much sense.

There's a video of him in 7 on 7s out there but it seems unimpressive to my ignorant eyes-- slow feet and not much zip on his passes.

I think McElwain was desperate to add a QB to this class and saw something in this kid that he thinks he can work with, but we will see.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 07:08:49 EDT »

Really! We are some arrogant MF'ers. Let's talk crap about them after we beat them for a change. Jones has not proved anything until he beats them.

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 07:16:21 EDT »

Really! We are some arrogant MF'ers. Let's talk crap about them after we beat them for a change. Jones has not proved anything until he beats them.
Sorry, I lived amongst them for far too long.  Jones has proved a lot.  His one bad game IMOP was the FL game last year.  I do not believe there will be a repeat.
fizzle the crocs!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 07:16:28 EDT »

There's nothing wrong with objective analysis of their recruiting - it is a future predictor. What they did the last 10 years has nothing to do with that.

This is their class right now...

https://rivals.yahoo.com/tennessee/f...016/florida-67

18 commitments, but only four of them 4 stars, with 2 of them being jucos.

Lots of average mid level three stars, and two 2 stars. This isn't a class that will compete for the East, and last year's class was also very average.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 07:25:26 EDT »

Point me to the arrogance in this thread. All I see is a discussion of their recruiting and what it may say about their coaching staff-- not one reference to us.

Seriously volsboy, do you know what it means to be a fan, and have, uh, "feelings" about rival teams? I know you like to bend over backwards to seem objective but this is supposed to be more fun than that. Fans take glee in the failings of rivals. That's how this thing works.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 08:45:43 EDT »

As much as everyone likes to say "stars don't matter," I think this program is a testament to the fact that you don't win the East with a bunch of 3-stars unless you have a really special coach whose entire program is designed to utilize slightly-above-average athletes (Gary Pinkel).

Personally, I think McElwain will do fine at Florida. I hope I'm wrong. But it's striking that he hasn't been able to land a QB thus far. You just don't win in the SEC without a great QB...unless you have an above-average QB accompanied by an exceptional defense and exceptional running game, as has been the case with Alabama's NC teams.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2015, 09:13:21 EDT »

Mizzou has proven you can do pretty darn well with a bunch of 3 stars with a few 4 stars sprinkled in. Amazing really.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2015, 10:23:35 EDT »

Point me to the arrogance in this thread. All I see is a discussion of their recruiting and what it may say about their coaching staff-- not one reference to us.

Seriously volsboy, do you know what it means to be a fan, and have, uh, "feelings" about rival teams? I know you like to bend over backwards to seem objective but this is supposed to be more fun than that. Fans take glee in the failings of rivals. That's how this thing works.
I just don't understand snickering at a program we haven't beaten in 10 years. We have had the longest run of below mediocre in my lifetime. Just want it to get turned around. We lost to Ky during this run. This year is still a question mark even with Top 5 classes lately. That just shows how bad we were. Worst Fla team I can remember beat us. We got a ways to go. I have no idea how good this years team will be, and neither does anyone else. We should beat UF. Will it happen? We shall see. They still have some talent left over.

volsboyinsodak
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2015, 10:35:28 EDT »

I just don't understand snickering at a program we haven't beaten in 10 years. We have had the longest run of below mediocre in my lifetime. Just want it to get turned around. We lost to Ky during this run. This year is still a question mark even with Top 5 classes lately. That just shows how bad we were. Worst Fla team I can remember beat us. We got a ways to go. I have no idea how good this years team will be, and neither does anyone else. We should beat UF. Will it happen? We shall see. They still have some talent left over.

We all want the same things, vb, but if I didn't have schadenfreude during this terrible run I'd have had nothing at all. Learn to enjoy the misery of others.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2015, 11:15:07 EDT »

Mizzou has proven you can do pretty darn well with a bunch of 3 stars with a few 4 stars sprinkled in. Amazing really.
Yet the pups don't with all their 4 and 5 *s
Go figure ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2015, 11:35:43 EDT »

I'm certainly pulling for them to a) stink and b) have a completely bare cupboard when the next coach arrives. Zook and Muschamp certainly stocked the place, even if being a HC didn't seem to be their forte.

That seems to be an odd QB offer.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2015, 12:26:22 EDT »

I'm not snickering. I am analyzing their recruiting to predict the future. Everyone is aware of their recent record against us, that is irrelevant to the discussion.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2015, 12:27:59 EDT »

Mizzou has done well at some key defensive positions and key skill players. They also had success while both FL and UT have been down. We will see if they can sustain it.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2015, 12:58:55 EDT »

I'm not snickering. I am analyzing their recruiting to predict the future. Everyone is aware of their recent record against us, that is irrelevant to the discussion.

Sorry Nut, I didn't mean you because of the article. I mean't all of us in general. We have been the brunt of many jokes the last 7 years or so. We still catch flack over all the disciplinary issues we have. All fans are quick to point fingers at other schools misfortunes. I do myself. As far as that goes, I couldn't care what other SEC schools do besides lose to the Vols. I hate the Buckeyes. I am still glad they beat Bama. I just hope they miss the playoffs this year.

volsboyinsodak
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2015, 05:29:55 EDT »

Sorry Nut, I didn't mean you because of the article. I mean't all of us in general. We have been the brunt of many jokes the last 7 years or so. We still catch flack over all the disciplinary issues we have. All fans are quick to point fingers at other schools misfortunes. I do myself. As far as that goes, I couldn't care what other SEC schools do besides lose to the Vols. I hate the Buckeyes. I am still glad they beat Bama. I just hope they miss the playoffs this year.

Yes, it is because we have really really SUCKED. Teams that suck get to be the brunt of jokes. Hell we lost 2 straight year to freaking Vandy.

Butch is recruiting right and getting us out of it.

As for FL or anyone else in this league, it's about talent, and they're not collecting it. Watch for them to be down a few years, but if they make the right hire it won't take them long to come back.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2015, 04:59:18 EDT »

Outstanding.  I hope he sticks around for the next decade and leads his team on a fruitless search for Rommel.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2015, 04:45:30 EDT »

I hate the Buckeyes. I am still glad they beat Bama.

Wow. There is one good thing about you I guess.   

At least you're not one of those "ESH EYH SHE FURST" guys.

vb, this is not being arrogant about florida but being happy that their future prospects look dim.  They can't win without recruiting. Nobody can.

We should beat them this year.  I expect it.  We will see.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: