VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 11:11:29 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Since I was hard on Obama last month...  (Read 5878 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2015, 01:40:36 EDT »

...when he didn't bother to show up here after the shootings, I feel like I'd be remiss not to post this.  They had another, larger memorial yesterday at Mackenzie Arena.  No, our president didn't show up this time, either.  But it's just as well, because I don't think he would have done as well as his VP did.  Politics aside, Joe Biden gave one of the most moving speeches I've ever heard.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/h-g3WVsxv8o" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/h-g3WVsxv8o</a>
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 10:55:32 EDT by TheRealOrange » Logged

GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 02:45:23 EDT »

I heard Biden, too. He did very well. He kept it personal.

G
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 04:22:33 EDT »

No Biden fan, but at least he called the guy a terrorist like he should have done.  That word wouldn't have come from Obama's mouth. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 05:56:15 EDT »

No Biden fan, but at least he called the guy a terrorist like he should have done.  That word wouldn't have come from Obama's mouth. 

Herb, is your head going to explode when Hillary or whoever the Dem nominee is wins the Presidency again? What does that say about the Republican Party if they can't field a candidate that is electable? Sorry. Too much of a political thread. I just get sick of right wingers crying about losing to these guys. Beat them.

volsboyinsodak
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 06:01:15 EDT »

Herb, is your head going to explode when Hillary or whoever the Dem nominee is wins the Presidency again? What does that say about the Republican Party if they can't field a candidate that is electable? Sorry. Too much of a political thread. I just get sick of right wingers crying about losing to these guys. Beat them.

How is Herb's post crying about who the president is? Obama's track record of attempting to placate radical Islamists speaks for itself. Even Democrats who support the president are scratching their heads about his response to Muslim terrorism.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 07:55:06 EDT »

No offense, VB, but reading comprehension isn't your strongest suit, is it?

Obama refused to call him a terrorist.  He also refused to call that animal at Fort Hood a terrorist - remember the "workplace violence" line?  And with my son being posted to Fort Hood now, that one is close to us.  I credited Biden for doing the right thing, and the last time I checked Biden is a DEMOCRAT.   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 08:47:01 EDT »

And one other thing - you are assuming that a democrat is going to win at this point, but we are still 15 months from the election. 

Look back 6 1/2 years or so - where was Obama in the polls this time in the election cycle?  It was "Hillary's to lose" at that point, too, and she did. 

Besides, Hillary isn't going to be around to be the nominee. She's about done. 

There are several republicans capable of winning.  Whether one of them will emerge and end the nomination process early on remains to be seen. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 11:16:36 EDT »

And one other thing - you are assuming that a democrat is going to win at this point, but we are still 15 months from the election. 

Look back 6 1/2 years or so - where was Obama in the polls this time in the election cycle?  It was "Hillary's to lose" at that point, too, and she did. 

Besides, Hillary isn't going to be around to be the nominee. She's about done. 

There are several republicans capable of winning.  Whether one of them will emerge and end the nomination process early on remains to be seen. 

I didn't mean to offend. I just meant the way the electorate has changed and the demographics have changed it shouldn't be a surprise. I ain't no fan either. Just don't see anyone on the other side I would vote for either. No new ideas or policies from the GOP.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: