VTTW Board Index
April 24, 2024, 03:14:23 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jancek on the defense  (Read 2687 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2015, 02:53:43 EDT »

This is a quote from Brent Hubbs:

"Jancek was blown away by Kirklands play. You don't hear coaches gush that much often. Clearly he was impressed. And he likes where his defense is. They have had a very solid camp. He's putting the dime package in on Thursday and they are hoping to get Justin Martin back in a few days for that package. He also likes the growth of depth on the D-line. Giving some praise to Owen Williams talking about how much better shape he is in."
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 03:48:39 EDT »

Nope.  Still no difference-makers.

VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 05:19:00 EDT »

my yes reply largely on my feeling that our D will shock OK. It seems to me that we have some really special players on that side of the ball....on the O too, but many more on the D side and it's normal to see quicker contributions from players on that side of the ball.         
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 12:17:43 EDT »

This is a quote from Brent Hubbs:

"Jancek was blown away by Kirklands play. You don't hear coaches gush that much often. Clearly he was impressed. And he likes where his defense is. They have had a very solid camp. He's putting the dime package in on Thursday and they are hoping to get Justin Martin back in a few days for that package. He also likes the growth of depth on the D-line. Giving some praise to Owen Williams talking about how much better shape he is in."

But the coaches always praise their players. What is he supposed to say...they suck? But it is nice to have talent on the "D" for a change. I'm sure he has some budding stars in this new group.

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 12:35:46 EDT »

But the coaches always praise their players. What is he supposed to say...they suck? But it is nice to have talent on the "D" for a change. I'm sure he has some budding stars in this new group.
The staff usually does not react this way, usually more reserved
That is the point ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 02:47:45 EDT »

No they don't. They usually stick to coach speak

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: