VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 01:26:57 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning! Only positive football news in this post  (Read 4928 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2015, 02:40:53 EDT »

Focusing on several positives going into the season for the Vols:

1 - Gillespie has said that he is really high on this RB group. Not just Hurd and Kamara, but he really likes all 5 guys.
 2 - Dormady has really impressed with his strong, accurate arm, and his mental approach. Very solid backup
 3 - Dobbs has improved as a passer and a leader
 4 - Jajuan Jennings move to WR appears to be a huge one as all the coaches are raving about him.
 5 - Malone has had a great, consistent camp and emerging as the player we expected him to be
 6 - Hall, Richmond, Boulware, and Jack Jones are very good. We know about Richmond, but Hall is also being hailed as having NFL talent and athleticism.
 7 - Placekicking will be a strength of this team
 8 - DL finally has SEC level players and depth
 9 - Kirkland has emerged as a guy who could be a 3-4 year starter at MLB
 10 - UT has some really strong talent at DE. We know about Maggitt and Barnett, but everyone who has seen Phillips says he is a freak and will make a lot of plays this year.

Feel free to add more positivity. Please - no negatives in this thread. We talk about that enough.

The future is very bright Vol fans. Enjoy it.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 04:37:23 EDT »

Focusing on several positives going into the season for the Vols:

1 - Gillespie has said that he is really high on this RB group. Not just Hurd and Kamara, but he really likes all 5 guys.
 2 - Dormady has really impressed with his strong, accurate arm, and his mental approach. Very solid backup
 3 - Dobbs has improved as a passer and a leader
 4 - Jajuan Jennings move to WR appears to be a huge one as all the coaches are raving about him.
 5 - Malone has had a great, consistent camp and emerging as the player we expected him to be
 6 - Hall, Richmond, Boulware, and Jack Jones are very good. We know about Richmond, but Hall is also being hailed as having NFL talent and athleticism.
 7 - Placekicking will be a strength of this team
 8 - DL finally has SEC level players and depth
 9 - Kirkland has emerged as a guy who could be a 3-4 year starter at MLB
 10 - UT has some really strong talent at DE. We know about Maggitt and Barnett, but everyone who has seen Phillips says he is a freak and will make a lot of plays this year.

Feel free to add more positivity. Please - no negatives in this thread. We talk about that enough.

The future is very bright Vol fans. Enjoy it.
I see where Herbstreit predicts the Sooners to make the playoff. How are they going to do that with 4 losses including the one to the Vols?

volsboyinsodak
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 06:41:54 EDT »

Herbie's picks are weird, other than Ohio state, who should coast to the playoffs with their creampuff schedule

tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 08:25:08 EDT »

I have a different sort of positive post. I will be in Louisiana for our first game and the house will be stuffed with LSU fans. It's gonna be such a positive feeling for me when we win or first game while all of them have to watch. Is that acceptable for positive?
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 09:37:25 EDT »

I have a different sort of positive post. I will be in Louisiana for our first game and the house will be stuffed with LSU fans. It's gonna be such a positive feeling for me when we win or first game while all of them have to watch. Is that acceptable for positive?

Yes. Especially if you're eating good Cajun food at the time
RockyMtnVol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 11:21:31 EDT »

GEAUX VOLS!! 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2015, 12:48:08 EDT »

Some good non-UT news:

If rumors are to be believed, Saban isn't happy with ANY of his options at QB.  Which is hard to believe, because he has the greatest QB coach who ever lived (according to some) on staff.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2015, 03:12:41 EDT »

Well, I think Coker isn't as good as some thought he may be, and he has been hurt. Their backups are:

Cooper Bateman - Very average player
Dave Cornwell - Inexperienced and immobile pro style QB
Blake Barnett - True freshman with some talent.

RockyMtnVol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2015, 04:04:04 EDT »

We have a young team but remarkably experienced team considering how many freshman played last year.  We have a coach who recruits lights out.  We have young talent itching to see the field of just about every position.  Our on field leadership includes a freaking aerospace engineer.  Our team finished last year with an absolute demolition of Iowa. That breeds confidence.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2015, 12:50:56 EDT »

When you think about it, we are a bit thin at the true junior level.  That's because Butch had to salvage what he could of Dooley's last class (actually he improved it a bit).  Yet we managed to find a few gems in that class (of which Dobbs is the biggest). 

But since then we have had two consecutive top ten classes.  We relied heavily on the first one last year, and they will be seasoned sophomores this year.  The incoming class will be able to contribute immediately in a number of areas.

So we have SEC level talent at almost every position now (still shoring up the OL a bit) but it's still  young.  That's okay, they will do fine this year. 

I see this season as a  transition year.  We will be better than any season since 2007 yet at the end of the year still feel the team is nowhere near peaking.   

This should be a great season.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2015, 03:12:58 EDT »

Well, I think Coker isn't as good as some thought he may be, and he has been hurt. Their backups are:

Cooper Bateman - Very average player
Dave Cornwell - Inexperienced and immobile pro style QB
Blake Barnett - True freshman with some talent.
Forgot Alec Morris who I thought had been named the starter.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2015, 07:15:35 EDT »

Forgot Alec Morris who I thought had been named the starter.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Really? If Morris is the starter they do have issues

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2015, 07:23:08 EDT »

Really? If Morris is the starter they do have issues

I don't think they've named him the starter, but several media outlets have reported that he's the leader.  I don't know if that's true, or if it's just Saban trying to motivate the other guys.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: