VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 12:29:07 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting that SECN preview had the VOLS at 10-2  (Read 1585 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2015, 03:30:59 EDT »

Losses to bamer and uga.
I do not see us losing to uga.  The bamer QB raved about their OL and RB as well as their stud LBs and "improving" secondary.  A couple of points:  uga going to win with a totally one dimensional offense?  That secondary has to "improve" greatly to be SEC ready.  Hell, we went to OT and played them too close last year when we had nowhere near the same talent level, and the game is in Neyland.

I see this year as the year we finally start defending SWF.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 04:11:20 EDT »

I think the Vols will go as far as Dobbs can take them and 10-2 isn't out of the question with this team,this year..I hope the O-line can protect him better this year and that we don't have to rely on him running as much as last year because we don't have a proven back up if he gets hurt.
 I think until both UGA and Bama show they have a qb that can throw and play makers that can make plays,every team including us will load the box with 9 and dare them to throw..
I think UT stands a good chance of beating both of them,especially UGA.My 2 loss concerns are more can we win at Mizzu and can our D-line and LB's withstand that Arky running attack. Matty Mauk is a warrior and I think that game in Nov at Mizzu,will decide the SEC East..Go Vols!!! 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 01:38:18 EDT »

I like the fact that fans are becoming optimistic again, for probably the first time since 2009 (which was misplaced optimism  ).

My take is still 8-4 until the OL proves otherwise.  If they can play well enough to get us past Florida and maybe OU and then gell at midseason, this could be a really special year.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: