VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 02:06:29 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Checkerboard OU?  (Read 2630 times)
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2015, 06:48:30 EDT »

Soooo, are we checkerboarding for Oklahoma or not? I'm leaning toward not.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 08:03:12 EDT »

I would think not. If so, it would've already been announced. They're probably saving it for Georgia, and Jimmy Hyams is wrong again.

I don't understand not doing if for Oklahoma, though. I assume the thinking is that by the time the UGA game rolls around that will be a higher-profile game, and without knowing which recruits are scheduled to visit either weekend, that might be a bigger recruiting weekend on campus. But UT-OKLA is going to be a much-watched game.

Heck, if I were in charge, I'd start a tradition of checker-boarding every big game. The UF game last year was one of the most beautiful sights I've ever seen in Neyland.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 09:30:43 EDT »

The UT Office of Tolerance and Inclusion would like to remind you that "checkers" is an American name for an international game, and therefore may be offensive to our foreign students and visitors.  In regards to our distinctive endzone design, we would urge you to henceforth refer to them as "draughtboards".

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 11:03:47 EDT »

Thank you BDV. I shall take that under advisement.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 06:30:03 EDT »

I would think not. If so, it would've already been announced. They're probably saving it for Georgia, and Jimmy Hyams is wrong again.

I don't understand not doing if for Oklahoma, though. I assume the thinking is that by the time the UGA game rolls around that will be a higher-profile game, and without knowing which recruits are scheduled to visit either weekend, that might be a bigger recruiting weekend on campus. But UT-OKLA is going to be a much-watched game.

Heck, if I were in charge, I'd start a tradition of checker-boarding every big game. The UF game last year was one of the most beautiful sights I've ever seen in Neyland.

Yes sir it was!!!
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 11:20:28 EDT »

The UT Office of Tolerance and Inclusion would like to remind you that "checkers" is an American name for an international game, and therefore may be offensive to our foreign students and visitors.  In regards to our distinctive endzone design, we would urge you to henceforth refer to them as "draughtboards".
Tell them tough shizzlezky. That's what they'd say in Russia.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: