VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 10:44:39 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey gamers...  (Read 5884 times)
VOLveeta
« on: October 09, 2015, 01:02:37 EDT »

I just pre-ordered the XBox One Elite... I'd be grateful for any game recommendations that are two player and that I could play with Ava.   

Though it's not two player, we are psyched for the new Tomb Raider in November.  The last one was incredible.  Thanks for any recommendations!!!

yer pal™,
VOLveeta
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 02:05:39 EDT »

Star Wars Battlefront is coming out next month.  The Beta was released yesterday, and I'm currently downloading it right now.  Graphically, it looks like maybe the greatest game ever.  If you like drving games, check out The Crew.  No one is going to confuse it with spot-on simulation like Forza, and graphically, it's not the best.  But what it does have is full map (scaled down, of course) of the entire continental US as your playground.  And unlike many open-world drving games, you're not just confined to the roads.  When I first got the game I drove from Key West to Seattle, averaging probably 140 MPH, and it tooke me almost two hours of real time.  This game is freakin' huge.

VOLveeta
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 02:09:50 EDT »

Excellent, BDV, thank you!!!  She will dig the Star Wars bigtime.  And Dad may just have to do some driving.   
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 02:28:53 EDT »

Battlefront has me just about ready to finally take the PS4 plunge.  Let us know your thoughts on the Beta for that, BDV.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 03:40:12 EDT »

Battlefront has me just about ready to finally take the PS4 plunge.  Let us know your thoughts on the Beta for that, BDV.

Just played each of the three worlds it lets you see in the beta: Tatooine, Hoth, and a new volcanic planet that I guess we'll see in the new movie.  It looks amazing- almost photo-realistic.  I still suck at shooters, though, espcially in multiplayer.  So I only really enjoyed the Tatootine mission, which is the only single player in the beta.  It says in the actual game there's something like 15 different worlds, with several single and multi missions for each.  I was never able to take control of a fighter or walker, which is what I'm really looking forward to.

Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 03:43:06 EDT »

Star Wars Battlefront is coming out next month.  The Beta was released yesterday, and I'm currently downloading it right now.  Graphically, it looks like maybe the greatest game ever.  If you like drving games, check out The Crew.  No one is going to confuse it with spot-on simulation like Forza, and graphically, it's not the best.  But what it does have is full map (scaled down, of course) of the entire continental US as your playground.  And unlike many open-world drving games, you're not just confined to the roads.  When I first got the game I drove from Key West to Seattle, averaging probably 140 MPH, and it tooke me almost two hours of real time.  This game is freakin' huge.

That sounds pretty cool. I'm gonna check it out.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2015, 04:00:58 EDT »

That sounds pretty cool. I'm gonna check it out.

If you're talking about The Crew, just know a couple things: the main story is completely ridiculous, as is the voice acting.  And several of the missions are so hard that you'll rage quit a lot.  A couple probably took me over 50 tries.  But when you're able to take time out from the story and just explore, that's when it really shines.  It's a big map, and it's packed with lots of easter eggs and landmarks, both well-known and obscure. 

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 04:32:53 EDT »

If you're talking about The Crew, just know a couple things: the main story is completely ridiculous, as is the voice acting.  And several of the missions are so hard that you'll rage quit a lot.  A couple probably took me over 50 tries.  But when you're able to take time out from the story and just explore, that's when it really shines.  It's a big map, and it's packed with lots of easter eggs and landmarks, both well-known and obscure. 

So like, it's map is the scaled down continental US?  So major cities?  Then once you get to each city, how expansive are they?
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2015, 12:03:43 EDT »

So like, it's map is the scaled down continental US?  So major cities?  Then once you get to each city, how expansive are they?

About a dozen major cities are done in great detail, with all their well known landmarks.  They aren't as big as, say,  a big city in GTA, but big enough to get lost in, anyway.  And dozens, if not over a hundred more cities and small towns are done with "generic" buildings.  They don't really look like their real-life counterparts, but they're on there. 

But what's really cool are the real-life roadside attractions.  From the well-known (Mt Rushmore) to the obscure (giant cow statue in Wisconsin), there's always cool stuff to discover.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2015, 06:09:25 EDT »

Geeks I say...You are all geeks. LOL jk

volsboyinsodak
Creek Walker
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2015, 07:58:49 EDT »

I read the reviews and they all seemed to take a "meh" approach. But I'm a sucker for open-world games like that. I can't tell you how much I'm anxiously awaiting the RDR sequel.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2015, 08:45:14 EDT »

I read the reviews and they all seemed to take a "meh" approach. But I'm a sucker for open-world games like that. I can't tell you how much I'm anxiously awaiting the RDR sequel.

Yeah, I got it as a freebie with my annual B2G1 coupon I get from Gamestop on my birthday.  I think you can get it used right now for like 20 bucks, maybe less.  I probably wouldn't have paid full retail for it, but it's worth it at that price.  Most of the reviews I read dinged it for its stupid story and glitchy multiplayer, both of which I don't care about. 

I keep hearing rumors of a RDR sequel, but nothing official yet.  You would think that it would be next up in Rockstar's pipeline, though. 

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2015, 08:49:30 EDT »

BTW, I just picked up Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection.  This series is a big reason I made the switch from Xbox to PS, so I'm looking forward to playing it.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2015, 04:59:15 EDT »

BTW, I just picked up Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection.  This series is a big reason I made the switch from Xbox to PS, so I'm looking forward to playing it.

It's an amazing series man.  Among the best action/adventure gaming of all time.  You'll get engulfed in the story, plus the gameplay is so much fun.  Some of the cinematic moments that are mixed in with gameplay will take your breath away.   I can't wait to see how good it looks on PS4. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2015, 09:21:47 EDT »

Just play Clash of Clans on your mobile.  It's free and your daughter would probably love it.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: