VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 04:43:36 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pirate... UGA fans are claiming Vol fans cheered when Chubb got hurt...  (Read 6377 times)
VOLveeta
« on: October 11, 2015, 04:26:38 EDT »

I don't believe it.  The response to Lattimore was pure class and I refuse to believe tonight was any different.  What did you witness?
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 04:32:06 EDT »

UGA fans whined two years ago that Tennessee was intentionally trying to injure their backs. Maybe they should concern themselves more with their OL's cheap blocks tonight, one of which resulted in the injury to Shy Tuttle.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 04:33:46 EDT »

I don't believe it.  The response to Lattimore was pure class and I refuse to believe tonight was any different.  What did you witness?
They are FULL OF shizzle!!!!!!!!!!
If anything, the biggest applause for an injured opponent I've heard in a long time
#badword#s, thought all their fans I spoke to on the long journey down the ramps and back to the car were very cordial and respectful and most seemed to appreciate the many VOL fans that expressed their best wishes for Chubb's recovery.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
VOLveeta
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 04:34:50 EDT »

They are FULL OF shizzle!!!!!!!!!!
If anything, the biggest applause for an injured opponent I've heard in a long time
#badword#s, thought all their fans I spoke to on the long journey down the ramps and back to the car were very cordial and respectful and most seemed to appreciate the many VOL fans that expressed their best wishes for Chubb's recovery.

That's what I figured.  Thank you!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 04:46:51 EDT »

They cheered immediately following the play, because we strung it out for little/no gain.  When it became apparent Chubb was hurt, the stadium went silent. 

I'm sure some whiney pups heard the the initial cheers and interpreted it how they wanted.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2015, 04:50:35 EDT »

UGA fans whined two years ago that Tennessee was intentionally trying to injure their backs. Maybe they should concern themselves more with their OL's cheap blocks tonight, one of which resulted in the injury to Shy Tuttle.

There was also a Dobbs run in the second half where his tackler was on top of him, and just as Dobbs was starting the get up, the UGA guy slammed his head back to the ground.  No flag (of course), but it was pretty obvious on the jumbotron.  Dude should've been ejected.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2015, 04:51:52 EDT »

They cheered immediately following the play, because we strung it out for little/no gain.  When it became apparent Chubb was hurt, the stadium went silent. 

I'm sure some whiney pups heard the the initial cheers and interpreted it how they wanted.
yeah, first play and the defense strung it out for a good play, crowd is into it.  I didn't know Chubb was hurt for a bit, till I heard "he is still down"
Crowd got quiet as you said and cheered for him when they helped him up.

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2015, 05:02:24 EDT »

Saw nothing but class and respect for the injured Chubb from section Z11.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2015, 03:19:47 EDT »

My guess is one or two UGA fans posted that, and the belief is not widely held. Every fanbase has less than astute folks.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Creek Walker
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2015, 03:22:11 EDT »

Some dude who does YouTube rants after UGA losses claimed that fans were singing "Na-na-na-ha, hey-hey-hey, goodbye" as he was being taken off the field. UT fans and even non-UT fans called him on it.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2015, 03:27:00 EDT »

Some dude who does YouTube rants after UGA losses claimed that fans were singing "Na-na-na-ha, hey-hey-hey, goodbye" as he was being taken off the field. UT fans and even non-UT fans called him on it.
I would submit tha 90% or more of the fans never knew when he was taken off the field.

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2015, 03:27:44 EDT »

I also saw a post where a UGA fan claimed the TN student section was chanting "De-Von, De-Von, De-Von" at Marshall Morgan during warmups.  Devon Gales is the Southern football player that was severely injured by Morgan.  Man, they are REACHING.  
Creek Walker
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2015, 03:40:31 EDT »

There are also a lot of UGA fans who are claiming that UT is coached to intentionally injure RBs by tackling low. This is the same claim they were making after the 2013 game. Of course, any rational person who has seen the video realizes that the injury occurred as Chubb planted his foot to try and maintain his balance, and not when he was hit at all, but good luck explaining that to irrational UGA fans. It's nice of them to take time out from their "fire Richt NOW!!!" rants to debate UT's tackling ethics, though. 
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2015, 01:26:15 EDT »

OK, watching the replay.  I now think I know what the stupid shizzle MORONs on the vent were whining about.

When Chubb was helped up there was the standard applause for an injured player.

AFTER he was well off the field, say about the 50 headed for their training table (which was between the South 35-40), the teams approached the LOS and the crowd started raising the noise level again.  A cluebat for the fizzleing CLUELESS on the vent is that CBS cut back to the field as the teams were preparing to resume action.

fizzle THEM!

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2015, 01:52:18 EDT »

after seeing the dude dive at Tuttle's feet and end his season, they have some balls to make that claim

OK, watching the replay.  I now think I know what the stupid shizzle MORONs on the vent were whining about.

When Chubb was helped up there was the standard applause for an injured player.

AFTER he was well off the field, say about the 50 headed for their training table (which was between the South 35-40), the teams approached the LOS and the crowd started raising the noise level again.  A cluebat for the fizzleing CLUELESS on the vent is that CBS cut back to the field as the teams were preparing to resume action.

fizzle THEM!

11B4PJ3F7
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: