VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 09:11:55 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I got curious about Tennessee's strength of schedule this year listening to VB  (Read 2418 times)
Jethro
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« on: November 06, 2015, 07:37:42 EST »

and found this:

NCAA College Football Strength of Schedule Rankings & Ratings

Rank   Team   Rating   High   Low   Last
1    Tennessee (4-4)    12.0    1    64    1
2    W Virginia (3-4)    10.7    2    102    6
3    Alabama (7-1)    10.6    1    20    2
4    USC (5-3)    10.5    3    74    3
5    Notre Dame (7-1)    9.3    4    45    4
6    Mississippi (7-2)    8.9    2    71    9
7    Florida (7-1)    8.9    6    96    12
8    Washington (4-4)    8.3    5    51    13
9    California (5-3)    8.2    9    89    17
10    Texas (3-5)    7.9    2    35    

Now, I'm not trying to talk about moral victories.  I don't believe in them.  But if you don't see the difference in a team that plays Alabama tough and a team that gets blown out by them before the 1st quarter even ends, I'm not sure what to tell you.  As far as the losses to Florida and Oklahoma, those hurt.  But once again, I saw tremendous progress from our game against those two teams last year.  Are we where we want to be yet?  No.  But considering where the program was when CBJ took over and where we are now is night and day.  It is not uncommon for a team/program unaccustomed to success to have trouble closing out wins.  That comes with experience.  But don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.  Be patient. We've had a bad decade but it's getting better.  Focus on direction and less on current location.  This is my advice which is worth what you paid for it.
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 07:59:58 EST »

*Like*
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 09:28:47 EST »

As I said in another thread, I usually have little time to debate issues here but you get none from me. Agree completely that UT is headed back to true contender status. The vast majority of the Crimson Tide fan base thinks the same. The Vols were so low on talent three years ago, and now can field a team that can compete with most any. Great job of recruiting and development by Jones and his staff.

BG
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 04:51:18 EST »

and found this:

NCAA College Football Strength of Schedule Rankings & Ratings

Rank   Team   Rating   High   Low   Last
1    Tennessee (4-4)    12.0    1    64    1
2    W Virginia (3-4)    10.7    2    102    6
3    Alabama (7-1)    10.6    1    20    2
4    USC (5-3)    10.5    3    74    3
5    Notre Dame (7-1)    9.3    4    45    4
6    Mississippi (7-2)    8.9    2    71    9
7    Florida (7-1)    8.9    6    96    12
8    Washington (4-4)    8.3    5    51    13
9    California (5-3)    8.2    9    89    17
10    Texas (3-5)    7.9    2    35    

Now, I'm not trying to talk about moral victories.  I don't believe in them.  But if you don't see the difference in a team that plays Alabama tough and a team that gets blown out by them before the 1st quarter even ends, I'm not sure what to tell you.  As far as the losses to Florida and Oklahoma, those hurt.  But once again, I saw tremendous progress from our game against those two teams last year.  Are we where we want to be yet?  No.  But considering where the program was when CBJ took over and where we are now is night and day.  It is not uncommon for a team/program unaccustomed to success to have trouble closing out wins.  That comes with experience.  But don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.  Be patient. We've had a bad decade but it's getting better.  Focus on direction and less on current location.  This is my advice which is worth what you paid for it.

Pretty much what my opinion has been all along.  I do have some concern about coaching in the early games, but it at least appears that the staff has learned and is adapting.

But yes...definitely the team is not used to winning and that has factored into those losses.  The good news is, IMO UF was a better effort than OU and UA was a better effort than UF.  Just a little more effort and we are all the way back.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: