VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 03:48:24 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did you know that the kid that was doing the hunger-strike was from Omaha and  (Read 6814 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2015, 11:17:36 EST »

his dad is the VP of Union Pacific railroad, worth millions?  I bet you don't see him protesting their hiring practices or racial quotas. Funny he can't see his own privilege.

volsboyinsodak
SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 11:59:48 EST »

Kids/young adults doing what they do, often out of ignorance, and often for the betterment of society. I get tired of right wing butthurtedness. On. Every. Single. Issue. If the President of the University was that weak, I dngaf. Really not following this at all. I saw somebody say something about everything racial happened "50 freakin years ago" as though that absolved past & present. 50 years, or 200 years is nothing in historical chronology. Things have changed for the better overall, and things will continue to change, mostly for the better. Change is the antithesis of conservatism, by definition.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 12:42:45 EST »

On a somewhat related note, the whole issue of athletics as a farm system for the NFL & NBA being married to higher education has mushroomed to farcical proportions. It may be time to reexamine the relationship between student/athlete & universities. I am a big sports fan, too. Both sides clearly need each other as evidenced by the former businessman/university president & the chancellor stepping down. Big deal. Matters not to me. More Americans should be in solidarity against the "system".

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 12:44:48 EST »

On a somewhat related note, the whole issue of athletics as a farm system for the NFL & NBA being married to higher education has mushroomed to farcical proportions. It may be time to reexamine the relationship between student/athlete & universities. I am a big sports fan, too. Both sides clearly need each other as evidenced by the former businessman/university president & the chancellor stepping down. Big deal. Matters not to me. More Americans should be in solidarity against the "system".

I agree.  College athletics is out of control, financially and otherwise.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: