VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 12:40:29 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you feel Dobbs has performed this season? Better than you thought he  (Read 3749 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2015, 04:53:38 EST »

would, worse than you thought he would or about the same as you thought he would. I honestly thought he would do a little better than he has. He has not been bad though. If he can just be consistent he would be about the best in league. He seems to play lights out one game , then play averagew for two games. I guess we expect him to play like he did in last years USCe game every game. Just close to playing like he did in that game, every game, would be fine with me. Hopefully everything comes together next year and he kills it. Do you think he has a small window for error because Dormandy is nipping at his heels?

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 05:30:03 EST »

would, worse than you thought he would or about the same as you thought he would. I honestly thought he would do a little better than he has. He has not been bad though. If he can just be consistent he would be about the best in league. He seems to play lights out one game , then play averagew for two games. I guess we expect him to play like he did in last years USCe game every game. Just close to playing like he did in that game, every game, would be fine with me. Hopefully everything comes together next year and he kills it. Do you think he has a small window for error because Dormandy is nipping at his heels?

He's better than he was last year IMO and also more consistent.  Hopefully that trend will continue.  I agree with a couple blogs I read that he seems to need more time with the WRs to develop chemistry also.

Dormady is not nipping at his heels, but it's good to know that if Dobbs is injured we have someone who can throw the ball pretty well backing him up.  I would worry given the way the offense is currently structured that it would hurt us because Dormady isn't anywhere near the running threat.

I hope that tonight the staff let's "Dobbs be Dobbs". 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 05:45:49 EST »

He's better than he was last year IMO and also more consistent.  Hopefully that trend will continue.  I agree with a couple blogs I read that he seems to need more time with the WRs to develop chemistry also.

Dormady is not nipping at his heels, but it's good to know that if Dobbs is injured we have someone who can throw the ball pretty well backing him up.  I would worry given the way the offense is currently structured that it would hurt us because Dormady isn't anywhere near the running threat.

I hope that tonight the staff let's "Dobbs be Dobbs". 
imwould NOT agree is has been more consistent.
While I agree that Dormady is not nipping at his heels it is worth noting that in both the croc and hawg games he was perhaps one series away from going in.  He was warming up both times and it was not a game of gossamer (in front of me at UF)

To me Dobbs has been about what I thought he would be, poor passer and a good runner.  His passing ability on the whole is abysmal.  He has his moments but with the exception of the TD to Malone at Lex even most of his "good" passes have been high and the receivers bailed him out.  Speaking of the TD to Malone he had to really wind up to throw that pass and it really wasn't that long.  BTW, he (badly) overthrew Malone on the same play in the first half.

I do believe he was injured in the first half of the SCe game but not seriously.  If that is the case I think we come out with the run game tonight.

Because I most likely will be shivering to much to say it later
GO VOLS!!!!!!!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 06:08:52 EST »

While I agree that Dormady is not nipping at his heels it is worth noting that in both the croc and hawg games he was perhaps one series away from going in.  He was warming up both times and it was not a game of gossamer (in front of me at UF)

gossamer?   

Did you mean "guessing"?

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 06:15:43 EST »

gossamer?   

Did you mean "guessing"?
game of toss

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2015, 07:04:41 EST »

Dobb has been on campus for 3 years and his throwing has improved very little of that time, IMO. I don't see that changing much next year unless he gets much better QB coaching...which is also another problem. Unless Dobbs is running 10-15 times per game he's a below average D1 QB.

I like him....he's the kind you like to have on your team. I've said it before....I just don't see us winning big with him at QB
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2015, 07:51:10 EST »

Dobb has been on campus for 3 years and his throwing has improved very little of that time, IMO. I don't see that changing much next year unless he gets much better QB coaching...which is also another problem. Unless Dobbs is running 10-15 times per game he's a below average D1 QB.

I like him....he's the kind you like to have on your team. I've said it before....I just don't see us winning big with him at QB

Manning???? 
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 08:05:11 EST by BanditVol » Logged

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2015, 08:07:14 EST »

Manning???? 

Why of course....Who else can it be? 
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2015, 11:39:51 EST »

One other point
One big issue with Dobbs and the passing game is the absence of Pig
Last year the only recover he truely trusted was Pig
Smith and PeRson are JUST now getting to that level of trust

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2015, 11:50:23 EST »

One other point
One big issue with Dobbs and the passing game is the absence of Pig
Last year the only recover he truely trusted was Pig
Smith and PeRson are JUST now getting to that level of trust

Don't forget Malone

Yes, and I am hoping he has 2-3 "pigs" by next season, so to speak

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: