VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 08:16:45 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone want to wager on how Peyton's career ends up? I have no clue as to what  (Read 4574 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2015, 06:58:37 EST »

Broncos are planning to do with him? i have heard all kinds of rumors. What could you get for him in a trade? Seriously, I couldn't imagine anyone wanting to take him for the money he would demand. I even saw on 247 that the Titans' were interested. Why?

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 07:05:56 EST »

The Titans are so bad that bringing in Peyton even as a backup for one year would be a good stunt for them. 

Then again, the one time I did go to a Titans game a bartender outside the stadium saw my Peyton jersey and harassed me about how he was overated, etc.  Who knows, maybe there are too many vandy fans in the Nashville area for that to work.

Wait...did I just say that about vandy "fans"?   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 07:23:48 EST »

The Titans are so bad that bringing in Peyton even as a backup for one year would be a good stunt for them. 

Then again, the one time I did go to a Titans game a bartender outside the stadium saw my Peyton jersey and harassed me about how he was overated, etc.  Who knows, maybe there are too many vandy fans in the Nashville area for that to work.

Wait...did I just say that about vandy "fans"?   
So you have him above Brady on the best ever list. I do too. Regular season. Post season: not even close. It is what it is.

volsboyinsodak
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 07:52:56 EST »

So you have him above Brady on the best ever list. I do too. Regular season. Post season: not even close. It is what it is.

I couldn't help but notice that Bandit never mentioned Brady or Peyton's status among the all-time great QBs, yet you found a way to work your same tired line about Brady>Manning into your reply to his post. Schtick is old.
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 08:06:13 EST »

Incidentally, the Titans' reported interest in Peyton is as president or some other front office job. That would be a very smart move on the franchise's behalf.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 09:34:47 EST »

I couldn't help but notice that Bandit never mentioned Brady or Peyton's status among the all-time great QBs, yet you found a way to work your same tired line about Brady>Manning into your reply to his post. Schtick is old.
If you look he mentioned how the guy in the bar said Peytion is over-rated. I'm sorry if my comments hurt your feelings. I stand by them.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2015, 10:15:30 EST »

Horse manure.  Brady's first three Super Bowls all have asterisks, as they narrowly won each game and cheated their arses off to do so. 

So I say.  If Peyton's team had cheated like the Patsy's, they would have won 4-5 Super Bowls by double digits.

I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings, but I stand by it.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2015, 10:35:54 EST »

Horse manure.  Brady's first three Super Bowls all have asterisks, as they narrowly won each game and cheated their arses off to do so. 

So I say.  If Peyton's team had cheated like the Patsy's, they would have won 4-5 Super Bowls by double digits.

I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings, but I stand by it.
If you think I like Brady better than Manning, you are wrong. I just look at the records and call a spade a spade. No matter how much they so-called cheated", they still had to go out and execute. If not for some great plays by the Giants and Eli, he could have 6 rings. It is unreal that they can plug anyone into a position, like their offensive line this year is a patchwork, but the have no problem moving the ball. Unlike Kubiak and the Bronco's. Manning has played with more talent since joining the Bronco's. How can you spin that?

volsboyinsodak
Creek Walker
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2015, 11:48:55 EST »

If you think I like Brady better than Manning, you are wrong. I just look at the records and call a spade a spade. No matter how much they so-called cheated", they still had to go out and execute. If not for some great plays by the Giants and Eli, he could have 6 rings. It is unreal that they can plug anyone into a position, like their offensive line this year is a patchwork, but the have no problem moving the ball. Unlike Kubiak and the Bronco's. Manning has played with more talent since joining the Bronco's. How can you spin that?

You're right. The Pats can plug anyone in and still have some success. Including at QB. Brady missed the entire 2008 season and the Pats still won 11 games that year. By contrast, Manning missed the entire 2011 season and the Colts won just two games.

That single statistic speaks for itself. The Patriots were always more talented than the Colts during Manning's tenure in Indianapolis. The Broncos are a different story. However, let's not forget that the 2013 Broncos played exceptionally well but just had the misfortune of meeting Seattle in the Super Bowl. The Seahawks were the most talented team in the league in 2013...period. Last year's Broncos team was also playing very well until Manning suffered an injury that limited him in the postseason.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2015, 11:51:56 EST »

Cheating pays off

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2015, 06:16:13 EST »

Cheating pays off
Unfortunately, it appears so. I just think Denver is trying to get rid of Peyton through the back door. If Osweiler keeps winning I don't think Peyton will start again in Denver.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: