VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 06:31:15 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I just heard a stat about UT that threw me for a loop. We were talking about  (Read 2463 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2016, 11:50:52 EST »

the money some colleges and universities bring in. He said that UT's endowment is over 1 billion dollars. Is that accurate? If it is, not bad for a bunch of hillbillies I would say.

volsboyinsodak
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 05:37:32 EST »

Should be well north of that,  I think we hit $1B 10 years or so ago.   Still,  as you say,  not bad.   Without looking it up,  I would guess we are top 50 or so in the country.
the money some colleges and universities bring in. He said that UT's endowment is over 1 billion dollars. Is that accurate? If it is, not bad for a bunch of hillbillies I would say.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 02:20:51 EST »

Individual colleges at UT have fundraising goals in excess of $100 million annually. Not all of that comes in the form of endowments and big chunks go directly toward capital expenditures (such as new buildings), but that should give you an idea of just how much private money comes in.

Right now I don't think the total value actually exceeds $1B. I think we've been hovering above and below that for almost a decade though.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: