VTTW Board Index
April 23, 2024, 04:04:31 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saw on another board a tweet from ESPN on the top 5 according to FPI has the UT  (Read 2227 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2016, 12:06:05 EST »

at #5. Sounds crazy. Plus hard to imagine Bama not in there. Jones has all the pieces in place. Let's see if he can deliver the goods. These early polls are meaningless for the most part. Clemson maybe.
According to FPI, here are the top five college football teams for 2016:

#1- LSU
#2 - Florida St
#3 - Oklahoma
#4 - Clemson
#5 - Tennessee

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 03:06:19 EST »

I'm not surprised, we ran high in that poll all season last year.  If not for the early season close call losses, our actually ranking would have been more in line with the FPI.

IIRC, we were in the top 15 even after the loss to Arkie made us 2-3.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 05:16:55 EST »

We will be a good team.   We will not be an elite team unless we are able to throw when teams force us to throw.   All the coaching and game planning takes a distant back seat to QB accuracy in those situations.   We have a long way to go.   I hope this off season is productive.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 04:56:04 EST »

We will be a good team.   We will not be an elite team unless we are able to throw when teams force us to throw.   All the coaching and game planning takes a distant back seat to QB accuracy in those situations.   We have a long way to go.   I hope this off season is productive.

I think we will be the definite, if not overwhelming, favorite to win the East but no one will give us a chance to win the SEC.  11-2 or 10-3 with a loss in the SECC are my expectations, actually, but the team could easily exceed them.

Interesting side note...one of the things Butch has yet to accomplish is beating an SEC West team.  Some of that is bad luck...we drew Auburn in 2013 and Ole Miss last year, but we "coulda woulda shoulda" beat Arkansas this year.

Next year we play Texas A&M and while it's on the road, we should be a clear favorite.  Then the usual bammer game should, at a minimum be far more competitive than usual and for the first time since 2008 I truly believe we can win.

If we make it to the SECC, it's not really clear who we will draw, but the East has not won since that same year of 2008.

Maybe this is the year that changes.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: